Author Topic: Interactions?  (Read 2307 times)

Monika

Interactions?
« on: August 18, 2002, 12:22:11 AM »
Now that I finally have Sola working, I have been looking for interactions the way Viconia has...the black-skin comments, the geas after leaving the the underdark, interactions with other drow...I'm just getting to Sendai's lair in TOB - are there even any comments on the drow in there? Just because he's a good guy doesnt mean NPCs will treat him dandy...he's always worried about it, but what's the worry if he isnt getting flack?

I know it's work to put up random (or not so-much-so) comments, but it would add a bit more to the plot :)

Senebty,
Monika                    

Caswallon

Interactions?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 12:57:08 PM »
There are only interjections for SoA, currently.

Cas                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Interactions?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 01:35:05 PM »
Wes put in a substantial number of interjections for SOA, even in places that I suspect most players will have seen before retrieving Solaufein (rescuing Viconia, fighting Pai'Na the spider lady in the graveyard district, the de'Arnise keep) so there's quite a bit going on there.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Monika

Interactions?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 02:39:49 PM »
Ick, I just realised how pissy my post sounded. Not intended!  :(
Yeah, I usually do everything I can in SOA before I go rescue Imoen etc, so that's probably why :P

Senebty,
Monika                    

Homunculus

Interactions?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2002, 05:01:44 PM »
Speaking of Pai'Na, there's some interesting stuff in Sppain.dlg, including links to interjection strings in Viconia's and Jaheira's files.

"What is it you wish in this place? Quickly state your purpose and leave, before I take away the chance."
(StrRef:33371)

- "What is this place? " (to StrRef:33589)
(StrRef:33586)

- "And just what will you do? I had thought this Bodhi's domain." (to StrRef:33592)
(StrRef:33587)

- "Come away quickly, before these spiders attack! I will protect you!" (to StrRef:33595)
(StrRef:33588)"

"Like typical surface dwellers you will think this odd, but I have created a sanctuary. Here the eight-legged can prosper beneath the city, away from fearful eyes."
(StrRef:33589)

- "A sanctuary for spiders? Are you insane?" (to StrRef:33644)
(StrRef:33590)

- "Why would you care so much for their wellbeing?" (to StrRef:33646)
(StrRef:33591)

"She has made claim to this place, but there is more than enough room for others. I serve as a guard of sorts, in exchange for her cooperation. She finds my charges useful."
(StrRef:33592)

- "They will be of no use if the spiders get to them." (to StrRef:33645)
(StrRef:33593)

- "What is this place that you have built?" (to StrRef:33647)
(StrRef:33594)

"Will you now? No, I think I will rely on the spiders to protect me from you. There is no need for us to fight though. If Bodhi has let you in here then we are allies."
(StrRef:33595)

"No, it is the murderers of these fine beasts that are insane. Even as we speak these creatures are hunted down, more out of fear than any actual damage they might do."
(StrRef:33644)

"My charges ARE the spiders. I keep them safe and tend their webs. Still, there is much I cannot do, and they are hunted even now, out of fear and suspicion."
(StrRef:33645)

"Someone must. Even now they are hunted as they move about in the sewers. It is because of fear and suspicion, nothing more."
(StrRef:33646)

"It is a place of sanctuary for the eight-legged, though it is not enough. Even now they are hunted in the sewers, more out of fear than anything."
(StrRef:33647)

"Perhaps you could be of some use. If you help me, I would allow you passage here as you wish. Let me tell you what I require."
(StrRef:33596)

"I am a hivemaster druid, and this is the 'grove' that I have chosen to build. It is haven for the spiders, but it is not enough. They die most tragic at the hands of louts and hooligans."
(StrRef:33597)

"The people you see in here are some of them. They are... serving... the spiders here until they redeem themselves for their crimes. I see it as fitting penance. I cannot stop them all though."
(StrRef:33648)

"There have always been losses, but now there are even more. The workers of the city have found some fell weapon that smites the spiders most unfairly. "
(StrRef:33649)

"I need you to get it, and bring it here. I will dispose of it, and restore the balance beneath the city. If there are too few spiders then the vermin will rise up. The exterminators do not think of this."
(StrRef:33650)

- InParty("Viconia")
  See("Viconia")

"We must help her. Spiders are of the most perfect creatures." (to StrRef:33652)
(StrRef:33651)

- OR(2)
!InParty("Viconia")
!See("Viconia")

"I will help you." (to StrRef:33659)
(StrRef:33657)

- "I will not help. I have no love for spiders." (to StrRef:33661)
(StrRef:33658)

"Hmm... I see you have among you one who appreciates the majesty of the arachnid. How do you come to be here, drow? I cannot show my face above and I am only half dark elf."
(StrRef:33652)

(Viconia): "It is my affair, mutt. Do not address me."
(StrRef:33653)

"Ahh, even here comes the dark elven purity. Fine, I will not address you, but you agree that the spiders must be protected."
(StrRef:33654)

- "We shall help you." (to StrRef:33659)
(StrRef:33655)

- "We will not help." (to StrRef:33661)
(StrRef:33656)

"Good. Then go, and find the accursed blade that kills my charges. I would go myself, but my half-drow blood would be my death if I were seen. "
(StrRef:33659)

"The blade is called Spider's Bane, and it is in the hands of the workers that clean the ducts and sewers. They lodge next to the prison, on it's north side. Go."
(StrRef:33660)

-OR(2)

!InParty("Jaheira")
!See("Jaheira")

SetGlobal("SentByPaina","GLOBAL",1)

-InParty("Jaheira")
See("Jaheira")

(Jaheira): "Her cause seems just, and she is Druid kin of a sort. Let us do our best to aid."
(StrRef:33661)

SetGlobal("SentByPaina","GLOBAL",1)

"No? NO?! Again I meet apathy! Again I face ignorance! Those underground will not bear this anymore! If you are not willing to help, then you are as guilty of murder as these fools here!"
(StrRef:33661)

"Even Bodhi cares not whether I and the spiders live or die! Well, I will stand it no longer! You will face my creatures! You will feed them! You will serve!"
(StrRef:33662)

ActionOverride("SPBena",ReallyForceSpell(Myself,SPIDER_CHANGE))
ActionOverride("SPPhil",ReallyForceSpell(Myself,SPIDER_CHANGE))
ActionOverride("SPSamar",ReallyForceSpell(Myself,SPIDER_CHANGE))
ActionOverride("SPTredd",ReallyForceSpell(Myself,SPIDER_CHANGE))
Enemy()

"Do not return without the accursed blade called Spider's Bane. Look in the building north of the prison. This is a simple task."
(StrRef:33664)
Trigger(1):
False()

"You return, and you have the evil blade that has slain so many! From the look of it, you have also broken it! My gratitude you have! It shall trouble no more the eight-legged kin."
(StrRef:33665)
Trigger(2):
False()

TakePartyItem("SW2H13")
SetGlobal("ReturnedSpiderBane","LOCALS",1)

"Here, I have little to give, but you may find this useful. Take it and go. We are concluded in our business." (I assume this is s'posed to be a hand-over of the Kitthix summoning idol)
(StrRef:33666)

"Leave us! You have aided, but your welcome is strained. Do not disturb the sanctuary I have built!" (Grumpy old freaky spider woman)
(StrRef:33667)
Trigger(3):
False()

-------------

The rest of her .dlg file is what's already been seen, namely:

"You will fall here, interloper! I did not build this sanctuary for you to tear it down in passing! Feel the wrath of the arachnids, of the divine eight legged!"
(StrRef:36466)
Trigger(4):
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)

"That you have a drow in your party is all the more galling! Does the bitch support the killing of spiders? No wonder she walks the surface! You will all die!"
(StrRef:36467)

"Stop your feeding, my spiders! New victims await! Protect your home! "
(StrRef:37640)

----------------

No idea where the party was supposed to locate Spider's Bane, though. It'd be quite cool if someone could see fit to restore this little quest in passing for those that go the Bodhi-route to Spellhold, seeing as all of the dialogue is already in place. Wes.  :P                    

Kish

Interactions?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2002, 05:43:19 PM »
Oh, my yes.  That would be very cool.

(However, note that if you do this, Wes, the next thing I will do will be to petition you to make it available to those who side with Aran Linvail, too.)

Mmm...I love spiders.  I always feel guilty about killing Pai'na's friends...What are you all staring at?                    

reiella

Interactions?
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2002, 06:24:20 PM »
Hmm, restoring this quest could be neat.

And prolly also quite fun to further empower Pai'Na herself and make it an 'interesting' battle.  Toss a few Revenge Spiders in if she attacks you.

Also potential to 'ask' her for help against Bodhi in Chapter 6 (after all, as she said, Bodhi didn't care).  Course that's mostly me wanting someone to side with me against Bodhi in C6 if I take Valen along :).

I believe there's also an item refering to Pai'Na too.  Even the spiders have been killed yada yada they're too close or somesuch.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: