Author Topic: Acidic Backlash (Frustration/Bug)  (Read 2134 times)

reiella

Acidic Backlash (Frustration/Bug)
« on: August 13, 2002, 09:07:07 PM »
Whenever I'm fighting an Efreeti (notably not sure if it occurs with other Fire Shields or not) and I actually attack while holding Sanchu, I get into apparantly an infinite loop cycle Acid Backlash triggering off the fireshield in turn triggering the fireshield (pretty much until I'm dead).

One specific Efreet that I know causes this is the Efreet in the North Forest (Day), and I encountered it somewhere else that I can't remember.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 01:05:57 AM »
Whenever I'm fighting an Efreeti (notably not sure if it occurs with other Fire Shields or not) and I actually attack while holding Sanchu, I get into apparantly an infinite loop cycle Acid Backlash triggering off the fireshield in turn triggering the fireshield (pretty much until I'm dead).

One specific Efreet that I know causes this is the Efreet in the North Forest (Day), and I encountered it somewhere else that I can't remember.
                   I believe it, and others have reported this problem, but it appears to be a game engine bug. Keldorn's sword should do the same thing if you stand close enough. :-(                    

JAGuarinc

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 02:31:20 AM »
Hmmmmm... you could perhaps add a comment to the item's description that states, "Due to the peculiar nature of it's construction, wielder's of XXXX are unusually vulnerable to Fire Shield defences."

I've always been a fan of magical items that add drawbacks to their benefits.  Kazgaroth's Claw, etc.  It forces the player to think more about their choice of items and situations to use them in.

"Well, I *could* use this bulky Dwarven Plate that provides a -5 AC, but I have to accept Slow upon my character.  Hmmmm..."

IMHO, not knowing about a potential drawback is where the detracting WTH?!? factor appears.  Now one can't just use Sanchu with impunity.  It also set's up Kuroisan's Fire Shield casting older brother who's been searching for him - LOL.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: