Author Topic: ToB Interjections For Quests  (Read 9343 times)

Artemidore

ToB Interjections For Quests
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2002, 06:16:35 PM »
Back to initial Weimer's question:

I recently went one more time through Watcher's Keep, and I thought: how about having an interjection here? There are quite a lot of NPC who have something to tell in the last level, after the first talk with Demogorgon, when you are stuck (well, I didn't actually check every NPC, but in my party, Nalia, Imoen and Anomen (maybe it was Jaheira?) had something to say. And it is truly a harrowing situation (I found the word in a dictionnary  :D !), so if you're still looking for more TOB interjections, Weimer, this could be an idea. Or maybe when Odren's betrayal becomes obvious.

PS: do you also intend to write TOB interjections for Valen? I did not see them on the ToDo list, neither interparty banters. But it's OK, I guess all of this requires quite a lot of time, and that you first intend to work on Valen Romance... I'm just so impatient to read new dialogues for Valen... :D almost as much as to read new dialogues for Sola!!!                    

[!--EDIT|Artemidore|Aug 11 2002, 01:22 AM--]

Artemidore

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2002, 07:00:15 PM »
And the Kelsey/Solaufein romance conflict will remain optional, although Kelsey and I have always and will continue to cast our evil eyes at such "roleplaying."

And not only at "roleplaying, if I may the guess. :)
I just read again all this thread. I did not mind this one, but now I do. What did you mean?

Oh, right. Aubrey, Jason, don't reply this message, I'm just teasing you with old stuff (ten days ago!). Sometimes, I do quite gratuitous things.  
 :ph34r:                    

[!--EDIT|Artemidore|Aug 11 2002, 02:00 AM--]

Aubrey

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2002, 02:01:40 AM »
@Artemidore --

I just read again all this thread. I did not mind this one, but now I do. What did you mean?

That probably Kelsey reflects partly Jason himself.  

I recently went one more time through Watcher's Keep, and I thought: how about having an interjection here?

My humble, and not of much importance at all, opinion is that it could be done, but only if Weimer feels inspired. If he doesn't, then it's better not to do it. Personally, I found some of SoA additional interjections poor (sorry, Weimer), such as the one with the Knights in Windspear Hills or at Firkraag's dundgeon.  There I felt Solaufein hasn't really had something important to say.  

Now, if we go for interjections just for the sake of interjections alone, we are going to diminish Solaufein -- and I don't think he deserves it.   :)

Just my thought

Cheers                    

Artemidore

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2002, 06:25:18 AM »
Personally, I found some of SoA additional interjections poor (sorry, Weimer), such as the one with the Knights in Windspear Hills or at Firkraag's dundgeon.  There I felt Solaufein hasn't really had something important to say.
I liked the one at Firkraag's dungeon. Actually, there are four of them there. First with Samia: Sola is trusting her, and he gives bad advice, that's nice! but he doesn't trust her too much, that's nice too! Second with the werewolves: Sola guesses it's a trap. Hmm, well, it was pretty obvious anyway. Third with Firkraag: he gives some good advice about how fighting dragons, and I think it's a good idea! During my first fight against Firkraag, a long long time ago, I was really surprised by that Buffet thing. Fourth with Conster: he just says something like "I'm a mage and you too, couldn't we talk rather than fight?" Ok, maybe this one is not the greatest thing he says during the whole game, but it's however fine, he is non-violent. --End of my praising to Weimer and to his dialogues  :rolleyes:

Now, if we go for interjections just for the sake of interjections alone, we are going to diminish Solaufein -- and I don't think he deserves it.

Anyway, you're right, Aubrey,  Weimer should not write new interjections in Watcher's Keep just because the other NPC have something to say there.                    

[!--EDIT|Artemidore|Aug 11 2002, 02:27 PM--]

Aubrey

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2002, 09:13:28 AM »
Okay. It might be just me because I had played the game before and knew exactly what to expect, but still I don't find those somewhat important.

And in any case, I don't underestimate Weimer's work here, on the contrary.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: