Author Topic: Spelling  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Quitch

• Perfection
  • Planewalker
  • Making the world a better place for evil
Spelling
« on: August 10, 2002, 05:28:56 PM »
At the time of Ascension I had the nasty habit of spelling "perhaps" as "prehaps" in the Bodhi dialogue.  I've had jcompton check and it seems at least one of these mispellings remain.  If you could fix my mistake please :)                    
Past: Ascension
Present: Return to Windspear
Future: Imoen Relationship
"Perfection has no deadline"

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Spelling
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 05:29:34 PM »
@86, finbodh.tra.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Spelling
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 11:19:15 PM »
Got it.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Spelling
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 10:07:03 AM »
I can't believe nobody's pointed this one out yet, given that... it's the title of the mod and all.

@446 = ~It appears you have been the beneficiary of low expectations, but even I have learned from my mistakes.  Here, I have nothing to lose, not even my life.  Thanks to Melissan, I still have time to snuff out your divine ascention personally. We will be even!~

ascention = ascension ...!!                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Daul\\\\\\\'Makan

Re: Spelling
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
I'm not really sure if it's pertinent to post this here. Anyway...

ascension.tra

@82729 = but Viconia was determined now more than ever to establish herself as seperate from the legacy of the dark elves. She had been to the deepest planes of hell and fought side-by-side with <CHARNAME> as <PRO_HESHE> became a God...and she would hide her face from the surface lands any longer. Even when Shar, her goddess of darkness and loss, abandoned her completely Viconia was unrepetant.

seperate ---> separate

Any longer doesn't sound right. Perhaps 'no longer', or 'she wouldn't…' instead?

unrepetant ---> unrepentant

@82729 = It is said that Viconia saved the elves of Suldanessalar from a Zhentarim plot,

Suldanessalar ---> Suldanessellar (this one is repeated, although it's spelled right in some parts, such as Bodhi's epilogue)

@82726 = ~Upon parting ways with <CHARNAME>, the reborn Sarevok proved as good as his word.  He returned to the lands he once knew, far more powerful now than he was even before.

Could it be ‘ever’?

@82726 = He became a man haunted by his second chance, hunted by a former life that never was and a possible life that never could be. Without a destiny and or a true soul of his own, he wandered the Realms.

Given how the sentence begins, I think 'haunted' is best here.

and or?

@82720 =Afterward, the tiefling would be amused to hear stories that he had forced the great Graa'zt to the negotiating table,

Graa'zt ---> Graz'zt

@82716 = He was last seen from afar, shedding tears of joy as he engaged Yamash and shouted out to Helm while chanelling a blinding flash of power.

chanelling ---> channelling

@82714 = Most importantly, she learned she was no longer truly one of avariel,

I think 'one of the avariel' rings better.

BALTH.TRA

@1091 = ~I have mastered the power within me and held the evil in check, but I know as well...if not better...then most of my brethren the threat that it holds for all of Faerun.

then ---> than

@1112 = ~You're a weaker fool then I thought.  Let's just end this now, shall we?  I have an appointment with god-hood.~

Same as above.

@1167 = ~It...it is true.  I paid little attention to my men's actions, but I...I knew what they were doing.  I thought it a great sacridice,

sacridice ---> sacrifice

@1174 = ~And despite what you might profess, I think the taint sits closer to your heart then you would have me believe.

then ---> than

IRENIC2.TRA

@437 = ~You told her how to influence me, didn't you?  And you told her I was in Suldanessalar.~

Suldanessalar ---> Suldanessellar

@446 = ~It appears you have been the beneficiary of low expectations, but even I have learned from my mistakes.  Here, I have nothing to lose, not even my life.  Thanks to Melissan, I still have time to snuff out your divine ascencion personally. We will be even!~

ascencion ---> ascension

@456 = ~So my ungrateful sister, you finally stand by my side.  I shall deal with your treachery afterwards.  As for you,  <CHARNAME>, Mellisan has granted me the power to rip the divinity from your body.  The first thing I shall feel in an eon shall be pleasure as I watch your corpse turn to dust.~

Mellisan ---> Melissan

MELISS01.TRA

@434 = ~So you managed to corral Balthazar into co-operating with you?  I'm surprised.  In the end, however, the essence of one or two of Bhaal's get means very little.~

Doesn't make sense. 'of Bhaal's children/sons/progeny/etc.' feels better.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: