Author Topic: Question (and minor humor)  (Read 2581 times)

JAG

Question (and minor humor)
« on: August 09, 2002, 06:15:28 AM »
Howdy,
   I'm getting that 'Sarevok won't have a conversation with me' problem when I first enter the pocket plane in TOB.  I've seen a couple of threads with this on different boards, but not with any great resolution.  It appears to be something relating to dialogue interaction, because as Jahiera and Imoen are kicked out of the party, the dialogue seems to take place normally...the problem with that is both of those characters can't be re-added to the party, even via the 'character summoning' pocket plane thing (Imoen goes to the Copper Coronet and Jahiera, using HER planar traveling powers, goes to the Harper Hold).  I have various Weimer mods installed...anyone have a clue as to where the problem is coming from?
   And for a bit of what I thought was funny...as I was annoyed in the pocket plane unable to advance, I started summoning and killing characters.   When I got to Keldorn and attacked him with Sanchu, the volley back and forth of Acid Backlash and Fireshield Blue damage was pretty funny...it didn't go on forever for those who wondered.
   Thanks,

Jamie                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 10:58:41 AM »
The problem is not with any of the Weimer mods -- you can reproduce this "initial Sarevok no talking" thing with a normal copy of ToB. They either (I can't remember which) have a set of options guarded by predicates that do not cover all of the cases or transfer to a DLG file that isn't there.

The "solution", as you noticed, is to change your party composition. You should be able to ask them to wait in the pocket plane. If not, you have some other problem (did you get here naturally?).

Hack solution: have J and I become "overburdened" so they cannot move and put them way far to the south. Keep PC up north. Remove them from party. Talk to Sarevok, get dialogue, yada yada. Walk down to J and I, say "just kidding, get back in party". Play game.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 11:24:54 AM »
If they're going to the Coronet and the Hold, it sounds to me like the game didn't properly transition dialogues from SOA to TOB. Might be a PDIALOG.2DA problem. What mods do you have installed?

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: