Author Topic: Mods and Mods and... Mods  (Read 2786 times)

Ranaghar

Mods and Mods and... Mods
« on: August 08, 2002, 12:47:22 AM »
So... my question is... how compatable is compatable? I've never had a problem using WeiDu mods with WeiDu mods. But how well /does/ it work with Darkest Day? Like most of you, I've played SoA and ToB repeatedly. To death. Again and again. I think a nice game of 'garbage can' Baldur's Gate would be fun. My goal... is to use Soulafien, Valen, Ascension, Ease of Use, and Item Upgrade, and of course, Darkest Day herself. Since... it's huge, and while a bit buggy, should add quite a bit of gameplay. Might toss in Ritual, also.

But how well /will/ these work? Advise? Bits of particular mods I should avoid using? I know for a fact that Kelsey and Tashia won't work with Darkest Day. I'm willing to accept that.

But what level of instability am I looking at? I'm curious, what kind of luck have you people had with this?

The new Darkest Day apparently installs a compatible version of Baldurdash fixes with it... but before I do this huge install and wade through what to put in and what not to put in... does anybody have any previous experience with all of this? It's just... alot of patches to slap together. I imagine there is no point installing either the Anti-Paladin or Fighter-Archer, since Darkest Day fills up the screen with kits and likely over-rides...                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 07:50:01 AM »
Bits of particular mods I should avoid using? I know for a fact that Kelsey and Tashia won't work with Darkest Day. I'm willing to accept that.
Wes has been saying that basically all of his stuff works with TDD-TOB.

Tashia and Kelsey both will as well, but for Tashia you need to update setup-tashia.exe with a new version of weidu.exe (just copy it over and rename it), while for Kelsey you need to do that (replace setup-kelsey.exe with a new, renamed version of weidu.exe), plus obtain the chitin.key fix from the TDD people (otherwise TDD gives Kelsey the SOA songlist to patch, rather than the TOB songlist, and that's bad.)

When we get around to Kelsey-SOA 1.0.5 that first step will no longer be necessary, and it won't be necessary for the forthcoming Kelsey-TOB installer.                    

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Aug 8 2002, 02:50 PM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

bt_igi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 12:19:27 PM »
I'm playing though BG2 at the moment, with TOB, TDD (1.00 + 1.03 patch), baldurdash fixes, valen, soloufein, ascension, freedoms reign and the expanded theif stronghold.
I've come accross a few bugs, but most of them have been fixed (valens claws, messed up silver dragon dialogue from TDD). The only major gripe is that the final mega-quest from TDD didnt start (i think the game crashed a few scenes after killing improved irenicus).
But still, I have had no major problems that arent too easy to fix.
Excellent work by all the mod-makers (esp weimer, by new nero)
/bt-igi                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: