Author Topic: Attention Imoen TOB fix users  (Read 4412 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Attention Imoen TOB fix users
« on: August 08, 2002, 12:26:26 AM »
Add these.

REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT ~hgnya01~ ~("Imoen")~ ~("Imoen2")~
REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT ~sarev25a~ ~("Imoen")~ ~("Imoen2")~                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

JAG

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 06:01:15 AM »
Pardon my ignorance...where do we add those?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 07:46:43 AM »
That was meant for Wes, as he uses the Imoen TOB dialogue fix in Ascension and Ease of Use (and maybe one or two other places.)

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 09:59:32 AM »
Added, updates in next versions.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 10:00:05 AM »
By the way, have you considered doing something like

weidu --biff-str imoen[^2] --biff-type DLG

to be exhaustive?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 10:24:17 AM »

to be exhaustive?
                   Originally I was doing a search on InParty(\"Imoen\") but these latest two fixes are a result of looking for other things (like Name("Imoen") ) so this latest was on \"Imoen\" ... I'm not sure what this one you suggested will do. Obviously, I don't want to change all instances of Imoen to Imoen2, because then Keldorn would say things like "Imoen2, are you pawing at me again?" :)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 08:07:17 PM »

to be exhaustive?
Originally I was doing a search on InParty(\"Imoen\") but these latest two fixes are a result of looking for other things (like Name("Imoen") ) so this latest was on \"Imoen\" ... I'm not sure what this one you suggested will do. Obviously, I don't want to change all instances of Imoen to Imoen2, because then Keldorn would say things like "Imoen2, are you pawing at me again?" :)
                   Right, be remember that everything displayed to the player is stored in the TLK file. So any "IMOEN" you find in a DLG file is either in an action or a trigger or a transition.

The one I suggested finds every IMOEN that is not followed by a 2. Of course some of them may be valid (like Yoshimo talking to Imoen in Chateau Irenicus), but the others may bear examination.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 08:31:06 PM »
Right, be remember that everything displayed to the player is stored in the TLK file. So any "IMOEN" you find in a DLG file is either in an action or a trigger or a transition.

The one I suggested finds every IMOEN that is not followed by a 2. Of course some of them may be valid (like Yoshimo talking to Imoen in Chateau Irenicus), but the others may bear examination.
                   Ahhhh, yes yes yes. Right. And I forgot that since it's R_T_T anyway, it wouldn't MATTER if I tried replacing it where I shouldn't.

However, in the words of a movie I know you enjoy, "I do not think it means what you think it means." Your command returns JARLAXLE.DLG, for instance, which only contains IMOEN2 references.                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2002, 11:05:26 PM »
jason, i noticed you must not add multiple strongholds last, after sola, you must add before sola, whew, almost missed that warning, fortunately i started looking at teh dailog talk files and file creation dates, so noticed sola edit mine,   but can you add immie fix AFTER sola has been added?????

right now i am running full eng patch, balderdash fix pack, item upgrade, tashia and sola, i would like to install the immie fix pack, since i plan to run with her rest of game...in spell hold, so i can just install before moving to tob, right????                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2002, 08:57:49 AM »
jason, i noticed you must not add multiple strongholds last, after sola, you must add before sola, whew, almost missed that warning, fortunately i started looking at teh dailog talk files and file creation dates, so noticed sola edit mine,   but can you add immie fix AFTER sola has been added?????

right now i am running full eng patch, balderdash fix pack, item upgrade, tashia and sola, i would like to install the immie fix pack, since i plan to run with her rest of game...in spell hold, so i can just install before moving to tob, right????
I haven't looked carefully at how multi-stronghold works but Wes may have simply taken the copy-over stuff from Baldurdash. Japh probably reworked that stuff into cleaner, makes-better-use-of-WeiDU code... maybe some day when Wes is bored, he can move the Baldurdash Remix code into Ease of Use where appropriate.

But anyway: the Imoen fixpack is safe to install at any time.                    

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Aug 21 2002, 09:58 AM--]

Userunfriendly

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2002, 02:33:17 PM »
well, on wes's page for ease of use it says explicitly to install before sola, so since sabres originals are dialog talk files he simply copied form the game after going in as various different classes, i think, it makes perfect sense to install after sola...as weidu will add dialog, not replace it..right???

thanks!!!                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: