Author Topic: improved irenicus problem  (Read 3239 times)

bt_igi

improved irenicus problem
« on: August 06, 2002, 11:36:26 AM »
Hiya
I'm playing through BG2, and I've reached the battle with improved irenicus in hell, where he splits into different aspects. I managed to kill all the aspects (dragon, beholder, warrior, mage, sword), but nothing has happened, it hasnt progressed at all.
I cant rest or save, as the "monsters nearby" message appears, though I can see none. I've walked around with true sight, and seen nothing, and all the shadows are dead too.
The only thing I have to help is valen, when standing near the body of the wraith of wrath she keeps on casting domination at it, and it responds with magic resistance. But it is dead, I can see the body on the floor, I know I killed it, it is untargetable.
Any suggestions?
/bt_igi                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 12:36:18 PM »
Very mysterious. See if you can do anything to get combat to end. The transition occurs when the five are dead and the combat counter reaches zero.

Do you have the CLUA Console enabled?

Set the GLOBALs SPRITE_IS_DEADii0 to 1, then repeat with ii1, ii2, ii3, ii4, Then set "IISlayerStart","AR2900" to 0 (it should already be). This just forces the game to think everyone is dead.

If nothing sitll happens, try MoveToArea("ar1300"), rest. If you can't, walk off the edge of the map to get an auto-save. Reload from the autosave and rest. Then MoveToArea("ar2900").

I don't know why this happened to you, though. Sounds like an engine bug.                    

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 02:08:39 PM »
I tried ending the combat, but no success.
I set the SPRITE_IS_DEADiix globals to 1 (they were all at 1 anyway, but I reset them anyway). Still no change.

Then set "IISlayerStart","AR2900" to 0
Is that 2 variables, or 1, or 1 with 2 arguments? Either way, I cant seem to find it existing, so I cant check / set it.

Anyway, I then moved to ar1300, rested, and moved back to ar2900, and still no luck.

So, I thought I'd just try the battle again, my tactic seems reliable enough, but I had the same problem, and a third time too.
Anymore ideas (or clarification of the global reference thing)
/bt_igi

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 03:16:17 PM »
Uninstall Imp Irenicus and re-install it. Then start that battle again. Immediately Ctrl-Y stuff as you see it. Wait 30 seconds. You should transfer to the next stage. Let us know how it goes.                    

bt_igi

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 04:21:19 PM »
Ah, success!
I uninstalled II, then reinstalled the mod, loaded the save game. ctrl+y on 4 of the 5 aspects, I then killed the wraith of wrath the old fashioned way, and lo and behold, Jonny boy reappeared. Then he reappeared again.
Ah well, he is dead now :-)

Thanks a lot for your help weimer!

The battle wasnt as hard as I thought (infact, the 2 slayer battles were easy), but I suppose my party is very high levelled. Excellent work all round weimer. Thanks once again.
/bt_igi                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: