Author Topic: Question on My Kensia w/ CF+5 and Waters Talon.  (Read 3884 times)

Darkmist

Question on My Kensia w/ CF+5 and Waters Talon.
« on: August 05, 2002, 10:38:41 AM »
My charecter is a human Kensia whos proffs  are:
Katana  +++++
Scimitar +++
Duel Weild +

Now when I equip Just the Celestial Fury +5 It seems I do more Damage then when i have my Cf+5 and My Waters Talon +4. It seems that the low prof points in scimitar and the +4 reduce my chance to hit and damage. Am I correct?

EDIT: Never mind its all random from 15-28(maby even more if i get a crit hit                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 5 2002, 05:41 PM--]

Caswallon

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 11:00:30 AM »
Assign more points to Dual Wield.
If you read the description of Dual Wield, you'll notice that equipping two weapons reduces your THAC0. The Dual Wield skill reduces that THAC0 penalty.

regards, Cas                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 11:11:15 AM »
Assign more points to Dual Wield.
If you read the description of Dual Wield, you'll notice that equipping two weapons reduces your THAC0. The Dual Wield skill reduces that THAC0 penalty.

regards, Cas
                   Cas has the answer here. You really wanted *** in Dual before you put any in Scimitar, from a "pure game mechanics" perspective.                      

Rathwellin the Bard

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 02:34:08 PM »
You don't get that much out of putting more than one * in your off hand weapon.  You don't get the extra 1/2 attack for your off hand that normally comes with **.  You do get the extra THACO, but that's it.  Having:

Katana *****
Scimitar *
Dual Wield ***

Would result in a much better overall THACO & an identical number of attacks.                    

Darkmist

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 11:17:00 AM »
::Loads up shadow keeper::

As much as I don’t like cheating(Muhahhaah)
I’m just gonna use shadow keeper to switch around some points.
Its not like I'm using it to cheat and add extra points. So I'm not technically not cheating right? right? errr... yes of course that’s right.....

This post has been edited for my own stupidity

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 06:19 PM--]

reiella

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 04:57:21 PM »
It's only cheating if you think so, as you're the only whose even 'cheated' by editing a single player game :P.

And as a sidenote, you don't want to use SK to 'add' extra points to a character, similiar reason in fact as to why you don't want to use SK to add Memorization slots.  When you level up, it'll reset your 'total number' to be the appropiate number for your new level.  With spells it just means you lose spell-slots, with proficencies however, it means you can never leave the Level Up screen :x.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: