Author Topic: Compiling with WeiDU  (Read 14098 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2002, 10:41:12 PM »
How do I access Weidu with the Dos Shell if I moved Weidu to my bg2 folder"
                   C:\] cd \progra~1\blacki~1\bgii-s~1

Then weidu as normal. Advanced: make a symbolic link to "command.com" or "cmd.com" on your deskopt, edit the properties, and change the "working directory" to your BGII directory. Whenever you click on that dos prompt icon to start it, it should start in the given directory.

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2002, 10:58:28 PM »
Thanks Weimer, KiKi showed me what to type but now I have it short cuted so when I click it it goes to the directory like you said. Back To my question.

------------------------
* Section III: Scripts *
------------------------

Possible the shortest step. If you want your NPC to walk up to your PC when they
first meet, you'd write this script:

IF
See([PC])
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Dialogue(Nearest([PC]))
END

]]]]]]]]]How, and Where to I right this?? Make a Blank Text file??

Compile it using your favourite compiler

]]]]]]Complie it to a what?

, NI works fine, save it, and assign it to
your NPC's .cre file.

Then the method to get your NPC into the area is to append a small portion of
script to an existing area script. Let's say we want to add him to the Government
District. We'd need to append a bit to AR1000.bcs. For now let's create a script
called J#AR1000.bcs with the bits we want to add.

]]]]]]]Make a Text file name J#AR1000.bcs ??????

IF
Global("J#VondoExists","AR1000",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("J#VondoExists","AR1000",1)
CreateCreature("J#Vondo",[9137.2046],3)
END

This portion of script will be going into our installation package, and will be
appended to AR1000.bcs by WeiDU when the time is right. See section IV for details
on how this is done.

]]]]]]]I don’t understand this. Help Would Be Appreciated                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2002, 11:43:53 PM »
]]]]]]]]]How, and Where to I right this?? Make a Blank Text file??

Make a blank textfile called J#VONDO.BAF with notepad and put that IF-block in it.  The suffix BAF means "text file for a baldur's gate script".

]]]]]]Complie it to a what?

Compile it to a BCS file. BCS means "compiled baldur's gate script". The game can only read BCS files. Humans can (usually) only read BAF files.

Have windows explorer open to a directory that contains myfile.baf (or whatever). Fire up Near Infinity. Press Ctrl-Z in the NI window. This will bring up the "script compiler". Drag (windows-style) the BAF file into the "Compiler Drop Zone" window. If you don't see any error messages, myfile.bcs was created in the same directory. Copy it to your override directory.

Restart NI or press F5. Go to your CRE (J#VONDO.CRE) and change his "override script" so that it is J#VONDO.BCS (or whatever).

Now restart the game and summon Vondo. If you did it right, he should talk to you!

]]]]]]]Make a Text file name J#AR1000.bcs ??????

Sure, if you like. Use notepad, just as if you were creating a D file.

]]]]]]]I don’t understand this. Help Would Be Appreciated

Let's see how you do with just making the script, compiling the script and assigning it to Vondo. Let us know if that works.                    

japheth

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2002, 08:40:11 AM »
Just want to add something.

If you go to Start-->Program Files--> and then right click on the Command Prompt icon, (In ME I'm not sure if the command prompt is under Accessories or not) you can change what directory you want to start in.  So if you put "C:\program files\black isle\bgii -soa" in the Start In field, and then make a shortcut on your desktop, everytime you open your command prompt from there it will start right in your bg2 folder.

Also if you don't want to use tildes when browsing to directories with more then 8 characters, you can put the path in quotes.

Example:

cd "c:\program files\black isle\bgii - soa"                    

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2002, 09:33:51 AM »
Have windows explorer open to a directory that contains myfile.baf (or whatever). Fire up Near Infinity. Press Ctrl-Z in the NI window. This will bring up the "script compiler". Drag (windows-style) the BAF file into the "Compiler Drop Zone" window. If you don't see any error messages, myfile.bcs was created in the same directory. Copy it to your override directory.

Im using windows explorer to drag and drop but its not doing annything. It wont complie nor decomplie it. When I drop it it does nothing

It might be because the true filename is J#VONDO.BAF.txt but I ant get rid of the txt

EDIT: Fortunately I have infinity script editor(Creates blank .baf files) But it disappoints me that I cant use notepad, I would still like to fix this.

So I got my bcs file and assign it to vondo thanks guys                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 04:50 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2002, 09:45:37 AM »

Im using windows explorer to drag and drop but its not doing annything. It wont complie nor decomplie it. When I drop it it does nothing

It might be because the true filename is J#VONDO.BAF.txt but I ant get rid of the txt
                   Try emailing the Near Infinity author about this one. I've never heard of the drop-zone not working for anyone.

You can use the dos prompt to rename the file and lose the TXT extension. Try something like:

C:\whatever] rename j#vond~1.txt j#vondo.baf

This usually wins even when "'windows rename" fails.                    

japheth

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2002, 09:59:56 AM »
When your saving your .baf files in Notepad, just make sure you go to Save As and then choose All Files as the file type.

Then just type blah.baf for example and it won't add the .txt extension to the file.                    

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2002, 10:05:05 AM »
Yup that worked weimer, thanks. now about this. the maker of the walkthrough screwed up or sumthing look:

// The following is appending what we wrote in J#AR1000.bcs to the bottom of
// AR1000.bcs

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~Ar1000.bcs~ ~j#ar1000.bcs~

I renamed my text file Ar1000.bcs with the proper tag for him to be in government:

IF
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
END

They say type:

and extend_Bottom is not a proper tag. What do I type?                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 05:17 PM--]

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2002, 10:06:06 AM »
When your saving your .baf files in Notepad, just make sure you go to Save As and then choose All Files as the file type.

Then just type blah.baf for example and it won't add the .txt extension to the file.
oh kool thanks japheth that worked

EDIT: What should I do about the Above Post?                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 05:40 PM--]

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2002, 11:56:12 AM »
Also when I Create him and he joins He Keeps saying Hello There Every 2 secs! Thats messed up.                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 06:59 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2002, 12:39:06 PM »
EXTEND_BOTTOM is a TP2 command. You would need a TP2 file (a way of describing how your mod should be installed so that when other people download it they get all of the pieces in the right places) to use it.

Do not put EXTEND_BOTTOM in a BAF.

I'm not sure what you mean by "every two seconds" or whatnot. Is he starting dialogue with you? Displaying a string in the scrolling window? Playing audio?

japheth

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2002, 12:41:34 PM »
Yup that worked weimer, thanks. now about this. the maker of the walkthrough screwed up or sumthing look:

// AR1000.bcs

I renamed my text file Ar1000.bcs with the proper tag for him to be in government:

IF
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
END

They say type:

and extend_Bottom is not a proper tag. What do I type?
From what you just said it sounds like your just typing the scripts commands in notepad and saving them with a .bcs extension.

You have to *compile* your .baf scripts with the Dropzone in NI or with ISE.

So, if you name your baf j#ar1000.baf and slap it into the drop zone, it should come out as j#ar1000.bcs.

Make sure that all your files are in your root BG2 directory (where WeiDU is located) and if they're not, you have to put the path to where your patch script is located.

As for him saying Hello every two seconds, you probably used the script that comes with the NPC tutorial, which will do that because it's simply:

IF
     See(Player1)
THEN
     RESPONSE #100
          StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

So he keeps seeing you and then he'll keep initiating dialog no matter what.  Try using this one instead for your NPC's default script:

IF
     NumTimesTalkedTo(0) //First time you are talking to you NPC
     Global("NPCFirstChat","GLOBAL",0) //Global check incase you want to have him remark later that he's already been talked to
     Allegiance(Myself,NEUTRAL) //Don't want your NPC to be hostile when initiating dialogue.
     See(Player1) //You'll want to see the PC.
     Range(Player1,5) //This is optional, but it will make it so that the PC has to come close to the NPC before dialog is initiated
     !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_SLEEPING) //check if the NPC is sleeping
     !StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SLEEPING)//check if Player1 is sleeping
THEN
     RESPONSE #100
          MoveToObject(Player1) //Moves your NPC to the PC
          SetGlobal("NPCFirstChat","GLOBAL",1) //Set's that Global to 1 so you know he's been talked to once already
          StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) //Starts the dialogue.
END

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2002, 12:45:43 PM »
Ok,(I just complied the .baf to a .bcs) But can you tell me how to get him to appear somewhere? Thats what I'm trying to figure out. I was trying to do the npc wlakthrough one where hes in the government district. How do I do it?

BEGIN J#Vondo

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
  SAY ~Greetings good [SIRMAAM]!  My name is Vondo the Just.~
  IF ~GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~Hey Vondo, you seen Irenicus around here?~ GOTO InquireIrenicus
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Heya.~ GOTO Greet
  IF ~Class(Player1,PALADIN)~ THEN REPLY ~I know a paladin when I see one!~ GOTO BothPaladins
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Go away.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN InquireIrenicus
  SAY ~Nope, but I can help you look for him. I'm a paladin!~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sure. Join the party~ DO ~SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Nah, go away.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
  SAY ~So, you need a paladin in your group?~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, as a matter of fact we do.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BothPaladins
  SAY ~Another paladin!  Hail and well met brother.  Let us journey together and smite evil.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sounds like a plan.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
  SAY ~Very well my [LADYLORD], I will await the day when you return, so that we might smite evil!~
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

BEGIN J#VondoP

IF ~Global("VondoJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut
  SAY ~You are now kicking me out.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oops, I meant to boot that twit Anomen, not you.  Sorry~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That's right, I don't want you in the party.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("VondoJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
  SAY ~You want me to rejoin?~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That's right Vondo, get back in formation.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VondoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That's right, I don't want you in the party.~ EXIT
END

]]]]Thats my dlg, Theres no If See Player 1 then start dialog. He just keeps saying Heya, He opens a dialoge box and plays a sound                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 07:53 PM--]

japheth

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2002, 01:03:34 PM »
Double check his cre file in NI and make sure that the dialog is assigned.

If it is, then make sure you clear all of his script slots (race, class, default, etc.) to None, and just put the script you made for him in the default slot.

Also make sure his Enemy/Ally is set to Neutral.                    

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2002, 01:10:59 PM »
IF
    See([PC])
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Dialogue(Nearest([PC]))
END

Thats my J#vondo.bcs file I think thats what your talking about. Why would I clear his (race, class, default, etc.)?? Wouldent that screw him up?

Hes not saying "Hello there" annymore(I changed is ally/enemy to netural. How do I get him to be in the Government district like the one in the faq                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Aug 6 2002, 08:14 PM--]

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2002, 03:40:34 PM »
Guys? Ya give up on me? Were still on my one post about making him appear in the game. The one about :

// AR1000.bcs

I complied Ar1000.bcs wich has the proper tag for him to be in government:

IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
END

They say type:

and extend_Bottom is not a proper tag. What do I type In Weidu?                    

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2002, 03:42:06 PM »
sorry that was me up there ^                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2002, 04:27:54 PM »
They say type:

and extend_Bottom is not a proper tag. What do I type In Weidu?
                   Wes explained above that this is describing a .tp2 action, for the .tp2 installer file associated with this mod.

However, I strongly strongly strongly recommend, based on the questions you're asking, that you take a few steps back and try learning more about the game's internals, through exploration with NI and InfExp, before you tackle this problem again.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Darkmist

Compiling with WeiDU
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2002, 08:34:10 AM »
Yes, yes, I know, But I've got the WHOLE npc down. I’ve got the dialog down. I've got the complying and editing down. All I need to learn how to do is make a tp2 command so I can get him to appear in the game.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: