Author Topic: Free Movement/Beholder Fun  (Read 2508 times)

reiella

Free Movement/Beholder Fun
« on: July 28, 2002, 06:27:11 PM »
Was getting annoyed with Valen continually being paralyzed by Beholders, so I went and cast Free Movement on her.  Over the course of one fight, her ac skyrocketed up to 25 and THAC0 up to 59.  Was pretty funny, not really sure which caused it (thinking the Beholder's slow was still causing it's secondary effects).                    

Barry Coley

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 06:56:44 PM »
Yeah, it's the AC and THAC0 penalty from Slow still being applied.  I get this all the time when using the Ring of Free Action and tangling with beholders.                    

Homunculus

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 07:06:56 PM »
I know the last version of Valen's armour I came up with sorted out the problem of her being paralyzed by gaze attacks (whatever their origin) and made her immune to that cumulative THAC0 problem that occurs when she gets hit by slow rapidly in succession. Could have sworn I sent them, but I guess they never made it out before the Great Hard Drive Purge of '02 occurred.

I'm a bit dubious about Valen being immune to Slow anyway; are vanilla flavoured vampires also so inured?                    

[!--EDIT|Homunculus|Aug 3 2002, 02:07 AM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: