Author Topic: Item Upgrade  (Read 7232 times)

Item Upgrade
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2002, 05:16:04 AM »
My biggest recommendation would be to make the items count as magical, so they can't all be used at the same time; I know it's tedious adding all the items into the 2DA, but as it is, the game can become very unbalanced with some of the upgrades.
Disagree. You know an item's magical; if you don't want to unbalance the game, then either don't use it or (as I do) don't combine them in unbalancing ways. I say there's nothing wrong with leaving people the choice between Jaheira's "I hope this is not a sign of things to come; we must strive to maintain balance" and Timmy the Power Gamer's "Balance, schmalance".

If you're having fun playing the game, it's balanced. If not, there are lots of ways to swing the balance one way or the other - use them!                    

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Item Upgrade
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2002, 01:33:40 PM »
If you play through the game enough times, Balance does not happen because you can have 25 in each stat.                    

reiella

Item Upgrade
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2002, 03:12:06 PM »
BMU upgrade fits with the feel of the BMU, only thing I see is possibly the further encouragement for people to cheat in the golden pantaloons (their own business I know, but still).

Kuldahar is the name of the tree and the city, ayup.

"This spear was forged by the druids who dwelt close to the great tree of Kuldahar.  It was meant to be used by the warrior who was appointed as Kuldahar's defender."

The Viconia handmaiden mace upgrade is nice.  Probably would be nicer to have it flavored towards Shar instead of Lolth.  For some odd reason... Shar gets the Cavern domain in 3e, which would give access to Imprisonment (too powerful most likly).  The darkness domain would give stuff like blindness/deafness, power word blind, and power word kill.

[ Add ]
And err, for balance, I don't think most people who replay the game use the character from their final save.  I could be wrong, but I typically use a different character each time.                    

[!--EDIT|reiella|Aug 30 2002, 04:17 PM--]

klaussner

Item Upgrade
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2002, 04:24:30 AM »
Yep, the spear I tough of is actually BlackMist+4, please replace all "kuldahar" in my previous posts by "Dominic Harl"                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: