Author Topic: Kicking Valen Out  (Read 3696 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Kicking Valen Out
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:24:04 PM »
By Kish on Saturday, July 13, 2002 - 11:51 pm:

I recently tried to kick Valen out of the party...and she gave one of the generic "bye now" lines for a multiplayer character, and disappeared when I didn't tell her to rejoin the party.

I can use part of the Ease-Of-Use mod to make a multiplayer character stick around, but I'm not sure I'll get Valen back with Valen's personality that way, and either way this is a bug.

I have Valen v. 19.

Is this still a problem? If so, I should fix it. Do you see any obvious problems with pdialog.2da or something? This is probably a one-letter typo somewhere.

Kish

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 10:25:55 PM »
Not exactly a problem.  That component of the Ease-Of-Use mod did work, and she does still have her personality.  But she still gives me the multiplayer character lines whenever I kick her out (or, rather, just stands there when I kick her out, and gives the multiplayer lines if I speak to her).  Just once--when she left the party because I added Anomen--she "had nothing to say to me" and had to be CTRL-Qd back in.  I also had to hit CTRL-Q about a dozen times before it worked, and yes, the cursor was over her the whole time.

Let's see.  The Valygar line of pdialog.2da goes:

VALYGAR      VALYGARP           VALYGARJ          VALYGARD       VALYG25P           VALYG25J              VALYGARD              valy25

The Valen line goes:

Valen      ValenP           ValenJ          ValenD       ValenP                ValenJ                Valen                   Valen

The last two entries are noticeably different.  I'll try changing the next-to-last entry to ValenD and see if that fixes it.

reiella

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 12:12:00 AM »
Hmm, my problem with Valen, is when she's removed from party, she just disappears from my party, says nothing, and disappears from sight.                    

Kish

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 12:22:16 AM »
That would be because she automatically Hides in Shadows.  Once she's no longer in your party, she's Hidden from you as well.  Wait around a minute and see if she reappears.                    

reiella

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 03:49:48 AM »
Hmm, had waited longer than a minute before, just noticed it recur though, and couldn't even see her with True Sight (after 5 pulses, she 'appeared').  Might just be difference somewhere between her hide.  That or True Sight only works on 'reds' (and invis purge on reds and green).

[ Just clarification, she did reappear eventually, but obviously not as a result of true sight yada heh ]                    

[!--EDIT|reiella|Jul 25 2002, 10:50 AM--]

Kish

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 03:51:37 AM »
True Sight only works on hostiles, yes.                    

Homunculus

Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 07:00:24 PM »
I could never get Valen to use her proper Kicked out / rejoin party dialogue, either. I seem to recall Mr. Compton ascertaining what the specific problem was on IRC one day, but any work I did has long since gone down the chute.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Kicking Valen Out
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 01:30:27 PM »
v22 (available now) fixes this problem and gives Valen the correct kicked-out dialogue. I still don't really know what the deal was, but the new config (which does not change the pdialog entry) works.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: