Author Topic: A Suggestion For Valen's Death  (Read 2407 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
A Suggestion For Valen's Death
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:13:49 PM »
<!--Messages-->
[!-Post: 2518-!][!-Time: 1027115353-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2518]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 02:49 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Have you considered maybe just forcing her to become a mist for an extended amount of time if her hp hits 0? Instead of chunking her why not make her take mistform for 120 seconds or so thereby making her more in line with the other vampires in the game (They don't die unless you stake them after they retreat to their coffins) I certainly love the character but I hate having to reload everytime a finger of death gets through or some chump gets a lucky shot. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2518-!]
[!-Post: 2520-!][!-Time: 1027119421-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2520]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:Kish_K@pacbell.net"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Kish[!-/Name-!][/a] on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 03:57 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Interestingly, she doesn't die permanently if you're playing on Normal or Easy.  (It might be a good idea to check the difficulty level and take that part out of her introduction for Normal and Easy.)

(Though her claws turned into a fist when I resurrected her--she still had her undroppable equipment, but the claws weren't working--so I shrugged and reloaded anyway.) [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2520-!]
[!-Post: 2521-!][!-Time: 1027119686-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2521]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Reiella Darksythe[!-/Name-!][/a] on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 04:01 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Hmm, she dies permanently for me on Easy actually.

The only time she doesn't die permanently is if she dies while in Mistform, and then her claws are lost. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2521-!]
[!-Post: 2548-!][!-Time: 1027230602-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2548]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 10:50 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!][font SIZE="-2"][font COLOR="0000ff"]The only time she doesn't die permanently is if she dies while in Mistform, and then her claws are lost.[/font][/font]

The claws are very fragile, sorry.  

I could make them "not fragile", but then she would be able to loan them to other PCs, etc, which would be weird. :-(

Anyway, she should die the final death if she suffers lethal damage. The long mistform is an idea, but I currently prefer "one life to live".[!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2548-!]
[!-Post: 2550-!][!-Time: 1027232556-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2550]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:Kish_K@pacbell.net"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Kish[!-/Name-!][/a] on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 11:22 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!]

I could make them "not fragile", but then she would be able to loan them to other PCs, etc, which would be weird. :-(  

Would it be possible to make them only work for human fighter/thief multiclasses?  (That would restrict them to Valen and people who are already cheating.)  Or, if that can't be done (that is, if it would also work for fighter/thief dualclasses), you could tie them to Valen's Intelligence and Charisma scores (Strength and Dexterity go down when Blighted by the Sun, Wisdom and Constitution are easy to exceed, but Intelligence and Charisma become godlike rather quickly). [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2550-!]
[!-Post: 2551-!][!-Time: 1027233469-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2551]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 11:37 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] I can do things like that, but any thief with Use-Any-Item can use them.  

I can do something like what I did with Tsuki no Ken, and prevent any other player from using them. However, what I'm also afraid of is that I'll have traded 3 "Valen's claws disappeared" messages for 15 "I put Valen's claws in a chest somewhere and now I can't find them". [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2551-!]
[!-Post: 2552-!][!-Time: 1027234652-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2552]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Reiella Darksythe[!-/Name-!][/a] on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 11:57 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Hmm, one suggestion maybe is having a dialog option to get Valen to try to recreate her armor/claws and try to re-equip them? [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2552-!]
[!-Post: 2565-!][!-Time: 1027279590-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2565]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 12:26 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Well Westley I think its finding a balance between fun and tedium. I love the -idea- of a char who because shes undead dies permanently but in application its just horridly annoying to reload every fight where she dies (and because of the whole bloodlust thing sometimes its -very- hard to keep her alive). The prolonged mistform (how long purely up to you I gave 2 minutes as an example) could be a way to simulate the troubles of letting your undead babydoll die without causing you to reload every fight where she gets outta control. Also on the claws, bringing up a dialogue option to have her recreate them would be a lovely fix to it =) [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2565-!]
[!-Post: 2575-!][!-Time: 1027291559-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2575]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Caernafon[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 03:45 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Would it be possible that when Valen dies her final death to have her reappear at the graveyard in SoA or in the case of ToB to allow the main character to revive her through the Pocket plane? [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2575-!]
[!-Post: 2577-!][!-Time: 1027291767-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2577]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Reiella Darksythe[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 03:49 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Well, you could always just add a MINHP1 item to Valen if is that frustrating. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2577-!]
[!-Post: 2579-!][!-Time: 1027292974-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2579]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Caernafon[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 04:09 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] But then you'd have an immortal character who could do most of the fighting herslef because she'd never die [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2579-!]

[!-Post: 2637-!][!-Time: 1027374053-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2637]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 02:40 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] I'd rather her just turn to mist when she hits 1 or 0 hps and stay that way for a while. I dun want godly chars just a non reload habit. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2637-!]
[!-End-!]
[a name=MB]

<!--/Messages-->                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: