Author Topic: Improved TorGal  (Read 3114 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Improved TorGal
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:02:31 PM »
<!--Messages-->
[!-Post: 2554-!][!-Time: 1027237537-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2554]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]THaMaN678910[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 12:45 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] I just killed TorGal, with some sort of method, that was so easy, I got my chars at full health, I fell it was a very big abuse, but after being killed easily 50 times by the sob, I went on.
I had a wild mage cast Cromatic Orb, but there was a wild surge, that workd like wail of banshee or something like that, maybe it was a COOl effect of the orb, TorGal was instantly killed. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2554-!]
[!-Post: 2559-!][!-Time: 1027267149-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2559]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Aubrey[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 08:59 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] The only way I found out to be a life-saving one against TorGal:  

When I first fought TorGal in the big and last hall of the basement, my party suffered a massive damage by Spirit Trolls’ Unholy Blight and Greater Command casting, which forced us into a defensive rather than offensive tactic. TorGal himself goes Enraged (Barbarian Rage) as soon as he smells your presence there, and two seconds later he has been (teleported?) next to your pc. I’m not sure if he teleports or he’s just invisible and hasted, but in either case, he gives a party a hard time. In my game, he went after Kelsey first, (as he had gone after Tashia the first time) and then after my pc character. Fighting him in the big hall isn’t a wise move; a few reloads convinced me all right, for we had had to face a number of foes, all at the same time. So, we decided to cut him off from his gang, blocking his minions’ way as well.  

[Another problem I personally had had: my party, save for Kelsey and Anomen, were nearly out of spells, but we couldn’t rest for a solely reason: since we arrived at Nalia’s Castle Solaufein’s romance talk was already set at 6. This in turn means our next resting would trigger Solaufein’s nightmare about Lolth’s spiders --a prelude actually of what is about to happen a few seconds after waking up. It’s a damn HARD fight, and I wasn’t yet prepared to give it. So, I decided not to rest at all, and rely exclusively on Kelsey’s and Anomen’s spells.]

Anomen did his usual pre-buffing preparations (Shield of the Archons, Bless, Chant, etc.) Kelsey summoned a Planetar who was placed next to the door, and then he cast Time Stop and entered the big hall. As soon as Kelsey was in, TorGal went Enraged, Kelsey cast a Death Spell for easily disposing the Umber Hulks, and two Fireballs. While casting the second Fireball the time wasn’t frozen any longer, which triggered the dialogue with TorGal. As soon as the dialogue was over, Kelsey run back to the smaller room; at the same time Anomen started casting Invisibility Purge (well, it takes him a while to complete the casting) and Planetar cast Globes of Blade to itself.

When Anomen finished his casting, TorGal was found out to be in the centre (!) of the small room attacking Kelsey, whilst Planetar was fighting and, more beneficially, blocking also Spirit Trolls’ way from entering. So, all my party’s efforts were focused mainly on taking down TorGal. And it was far easier than what it had been before. Wand of Heavens, Melf’s Minute Meteors and arrows of Fire helped a great deal against him. When TorGal dropped dead (my dear Solaufein was given the bonus for the final touch :D), Planetar had also cleansed the place from Spirit Trolls. Two Yuan mages who had remained inside were just a joke for a dessert.  

My party:  
Pc: Kensai (L 18,inactive class)/ Mage (L 17) imported from a previous unfinished game
Solaufein, Fighter (L16)/ Mage (L15)
Keldorn, --we all know Keldy, right?-- (L16)
Kelsey, Sorcerer (L 18)
Imoen, Thief/ Mage (L14)
Anomen, Fighter/ Cleric (L 21) [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2559-!]
[!-Post: 2561-!][!-Time: 1027272057-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2561]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 10:20 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Nice description. I've added it to the README. Thanks for taking the time to share your strategy.

I will note that your party (planetars, time stop, ToB abilities, etc.) was just a bit more powerful than the normal Imp TorGal challengers. Still, nice job. :-) [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2561-!]
[!-Post: 2563-!][!-Time: 1027276699-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2563]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:Kish_K@pacbell.net"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Kish[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 11:38 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Gmork.  Revenge Spiders are tough for a ToB level party?  One Dragon's Breath ought to take them all out. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2563-!]
[!-Post: 2567-!][!-Time: 1027279810-!]

[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2567]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Aubrey[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 12:30 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] @Wesley --

]I will note that your party (planetars, time stop, ToB abilities, etc.) was just a bit more powerful than the normal Imp TorGal challengers.  

Yes, they were indeed. But that's because you have done more interjections in the Sola Mod; therefore what would be more logical than going to the Underdark the soonest possible, getting dear Solaufein and return back? Of course, being in the Underdark one has to give plenty of battles, gaining also plenty of experience in return. And that's how one results in having a powerful party.

It wasn't really my fault. :-) (I'm just teasing you!)

Cheers [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2567-!]
[!-Post: 2570-!][!-Time: 1027281204-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2570]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Aubrey[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 12:53 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] @Kish --

]Gmork. Revenge Spiders are tough for a ToB level party? One Dragon's Breath ought to take them all out.  

Kelsey is the only one in my party who has gotten high level spells. His only 9th level spells so far has been Time Stop and Summon Planetar. No Dragon's Breath. Yet! :-)

Besides, the party is teleported away, and poor Solaufein fights Revenge Spiders all alone! What help could possibly Kelsey be of?

Cheers [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2570-!]
[!-Post: 2571-!][!-Time: 1027281615-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2571]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:Kish_K@pacbell.net"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Kish[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 01:00 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Oh, you mean Archryssa, not the first Revenge Spider battle. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2571-!]
[!-Post: 2574-!][!-Time: 1027291120-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2574]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Caernafon[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 03:38 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] I had an easier time with Torgal (after about 2 reloads)

My party had  
Arianis (Dual classed Cleric Lvl26(Inactive)/ Thief Lvl8)
Essentially a thief with added restrictions.
Jaheria
Viconia
Aerie
Nalia
Yoshimo

All characters apart from Arianis were lowish levels (10-15, with Viconia being the highest)

I had all the characters hold back and have Jaheira and Viconia summon 2 bears each. Opened the doors and sent the 4 bears in, I used Aerie to cast far sight into Torgals room and closed the door. I had the 4 bears specifically attack the umber hulks and Yuan-Ti wizards. I then pulled the surviving bears back while opening the door and having nalia cast web and aerie casting cloudkill so that the area effect was just on the other side of the door. I blocked the door with some low level summonings (mainly skeletons) and had Yoshimo and Nalia picking off trolls with acid/fire arrows and continued until all the enemies were dead.

The trick is to leave at least 2 bear summonings and a haste spell. Also make sure none of your characters enter the room.

Once the enemies are dead, cast your last summonings and group everybody together, (cast whatever defensive spells you like) and then cast haste, which should haste everybody in your party. Have everybody select close combat weapons and pull them into the corners of the room. Siwtch off the party AI and send one of your characters into Torgal's room, complete the dialouge and lead Torgal back into the room with your party, get Torgal into the middle of the room and pile everybody into him. Don't use spells other than healing spells and your hasted party should make mincemeat out of Torgal. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2574-!]
[!-Post: 2605-!][!-Time: 1027327785-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2605]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Aubrey[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:49 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] @ Kish --

Telling the truth, I don't remember if there are two Revenge Spiders fights. I've thought Archryssa appears right away. Probably I'm wrong. Anyway, you are correct: this is the battle I've had in mind. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2605-!]
[!-Post: 2606-!][!-Time: 1027331469-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2606]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Littiz[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 02:51 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Well, I had to do this battle with a small and low level
party, so ended in a large amount of cheese, not worth
a post.. [img SRC="http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/discus/clipart/sad.gif" ALT=":("]
But someone on the Gamebanshee Forum suggested this one:
have a mage (Nalia?) cast MANY Webs, so all the Trolls will
be held, and then summon Spiders!!!!
They will freely clean the place for you... [img SRC="http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":)"]

@Aubrey, you Cheater!, importing an high level character!!!! [img SRC="http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/discus/clipart/proud.gif" ALT=":o"]
:D :D Shame on you!!! [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2606-!]
[!-Post: 2607-!][!-Time: 1027337647-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2607]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Aubrey[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 04:34 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Littiz,

Coming to think of it, my pc has been through the game so far as a single Mage. When I imported her, she was a level 18 Kensai whom I dual-classed right away to Mage. This means that I started Irenicus dundgeon with a level 1 Mage. Please, don't make me feel guilty: even your Immy was a higher level than me. :-(( [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2607-!]
[!-End-!]
[a name=MB]
<!--/Messages-->                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: