The next Iron Modder will be held SUNDAY JULY 18, 2004 commencing at 12 noon Central US time (6 PM UK, 7 PM Europe, 10 AM Pacific US, 1 PM Eastern US.) Mark your calendars.
For those of you new to the Iron Modder concept, here's how it works:
The TV show Iron Chef depicts world-class chefs in an hour-long battle of wits and will at Kitchen Stadium. At the top of the hour, an insane overlord announces a secret theme ingredient, around which the Iron Chefs must design and prepare a multi-course meal.
Things are very similar in Infinity Stadium.
- I am the insane overlord.
- At an appointed time, I announce a secret theme for a mod. (Past Iron Modder themes: "A Kiss Before Dying", "Some of My Best Friends Are Slimes" and "The Last Mug of Ale In Amn.")
- Iron Modders have four hours to design, prepare, and submit a functioning mod that exhibits the theme.
- Iron Mods are judged by an arbitrarily assembled panel on a 25 point scale:
EXposition of the Theme (1-10)
- Entries are only credited to one author, although it is permitted to work with anonymous sous-chefs.
- Entries may contain prefabricated content, for instance pieces of another mod the modder is working on, or the use of community AI scripting, if that content is disclosed to the judges. It has been my observation that the use of prefab content has very little positive impact on scoring, however.
- The winner earns the right to be known as IRON MODDER!
Icelus and Bons were crowned joint winners in Iron Modder 3. The title is in dispute! Uneasy lies the crown! ALLEZ MODDING!