Author Topic: Cailean - Brief Bio & Stats  (Read 17917 times)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Cailean - Brief Bio & Stats
« on: March 31, 2004, 09:17:27 PM »
Name: Cailean Fa'lasan
Race: Half-elf
Kit: Archer
Alignment: CG
Racial Enemy: Shadow
Proficiencies: Long Bow 4*; Axe 1*; Short Sword 1*??? -- 2 weapon prof. 2*(automatically)
Str: 15 – need strength to even pull a long bow
Dex: 17 – spent several years rangering plus spent past year ducking BHs.
Con: 16 – A healthy guy!
Int: 10 – Avg. Int. not stupid; not brilliant
Wis: 14 – Has learned a bit in the school of hard knocks lately
Cha: 13 – A likable/personable guy
Tot: 85

Equipment:
Generic Studded Leather Armor
Generic short sword? Axe? (depends on what proficiencies we give him)
Cailean's Bow (+1 longbow), 40 fire arrows, 80 arrows +1
Cailean's Amulet - Given to him by his mother, it casts Selûne's Mooncloak while equipped. This creates an aura of moonlight around the wearer who gains a +1 to saving throws versus spells and effects dealing with shadows and darkness.

Personality:
A natural risk-taker with a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty towards family and friends, Cailean also had an unfortunate tendency towards impulsiveness coupled with a weakness for the occasional practical joke. After months on the run, however, he had become somewhat withdrawn and wary of others, a little fearful of letting himself be manipulated and taken advantage of again.

Romance Details:
Cailean will romance females of any race and any class except Bounty Hunters. Charisma, intelligence and wisdom must be at least 7.

The romance is broken into two distinct parts. The dividing line between the two parts is the completion of his quest. In the first part of the romance, the PC will have to make all the moves and initiate all conversation. PC init LTs will begin shortly after picking up Cailean. The PC init LTs will have the option ability of the PC init flirts. The PC would have a menu of conversation choices like so:

1.Ask Cailean about Masalina.
2.Ask Cailean about growing up near Riatavin.
3.Ask Cailean about being a Ranger.
4.Ask Cailean about his parents.

So if you pick "Ask Cailean about his parents" you and he have a short chat about them...maybe learn their names and what they do. The next time you talk to him you'll get something like:

1.Ask Cailean about Masalina
2.Ask Cailean about growing up near Riatavin
3.Ask Cailean about being a Ranger
4.So, how did a Priestess of Selûne from <wherever> and an elvish fighter from <someplace else> end up meeting and falling in love?

Non-romance details:
Non-romance would run a similar course where the PC would have to initiate conversations before the completion of Cailean's quest and Cailean would initiate conversations after.

Brief Bio:
Cailean had a relatively carefree childhood, the only child of a human mother and elven father. Approaching adulthood, he was allowed to go adventuring with his Aunt Leandra, a veteran ranger in order to hone his skills as an archer. After his Aunt decided to retire, Cailean returned home to his village to ponder his future and became infatuated with a childhood companion,Masalina, who had matured into a beautiful young woman who was not above using her feminine wiles to get whatever she wanted. Cailean turned a blind eye to the unsavory rumors that swirled around her and attributed the talk to jealousy and sour grapes. Eventually, however, he began to feel uneasy with some of the things Masalina persuaded him to do, the least of which was stroll through the streets fully armed (she was very jumpy, always claiming there was someone in the shadows). In due course, events conspired against Cailean and he was forced to flee for his life, having been set up by Masalina for a crime he didn't commit: she had unflinchingly used him to further her own nefarious schemes.

Cailean made his way to his Aunt Leandra, taking to the forest and avoiding the main roads when he could help it. Sometimes when hiding, he is able to overhear travelers excitedly relish the latest gossip Masalina had been spreading about him. Cailean felt sick as he listened to the tales that seemingly grew more fantastic every day. His Aunt agreed to send a note to an old friend in Athkatla; he had a number of contacts that may be able help Cailean in clearing his name. As for Masalina herself, she was making her way to Athkatla as well under the guise of an innocent starting her life anew; nothing could have been further from the truth and she began to surround herself with thugs who would do her bidding. Cailean watched from a distance as she became more hungry for money and for power; she began to chafe at the role of an innocent betrayed and wanted some credit for the deals she arranged.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
Re: Cailean - Brief Bio & Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 12:45:56 AM »
So... how old is he?
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 08:03:21 AM »
By the time you meet up with him, he's 25ish or so.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 02:53:15 PM »
Okay, so I've been thinking about breaking out the entire Baldur's Gate game, all three, and installing them to play again. Except I know I shouldn't since I'm pretty busy.
The fact that I have a lot of stuff to download and try is not helping me. The fact that Cailean may be coming out soon is just the devil on my shoulder.
Bah! Discipline is over-rated. I can't wait to see this.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." -Sir Winston Churchill

Offline WolfCatBot

• Aquamarine
  • Planewalker
  • Bow to me please, meow!
    • Pocketplane, woof
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »
Does he like animals, mrowr? ?:)
It was called victim. :D

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 05:19:59 PM »
Yup, he is very pro-animal.  I think he might have a few banters/interjections that mention different animals, in fact.   :)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline WolfCatBot

• Aquamarine
  • Planewalker
  • Bow to me please, meow!
    • Pocketplane, woof
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 05:21:20 PM »
Wow! :D That's great! ^_^

Thankies ma'am, rrr :)
It was called victim. :D

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 05:40:21 AM »
25ish??? kewl one question how old is our main character, i mean they never tell us do they, for all we know she could be 16

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 05:40:50 AM »
or he

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 06:39:11 AM »
25ish??? kewl one question how old is our main character, i mean they never tell us do they, for all we know she could be 16

If you start in Baldur's Gate you are told that your character is 20.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 07:18:29 AM »
ah so im what 7 years older then i actully am now kewl WHERES THE ALE

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 06:01:22 PM »
Is Cailean a Breast Man, a Leg Man, or a wacky, wacky Ass Man?
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »
Please to be keeping abreast of the situation: Is Cailean a wacky, wacky ass man?  Two reasons the signs point to no!    :-*

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 06:49:21 PM »
What exactly is PPG's official stance on puns, again?  My vote goes for BANEing.  Of the forevar variety.

So, so awful...
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 06:57:59 PM »
So are you saying it should be pun -ishable by BANEing?   :P

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 07:16:41 PM »
* Ghreyfain saves vs. death.
Ha, you'll have to try harder next time.

On a random note, will Cailean travel back in time to join the BG1(Tutu) Bhaalspawn's party?  I hear there's a sucking void in the universe where mods for Tutu should be.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 01:40:43 AM »
* Ghreyfain saves vs. death.
Ha, you'll have to try harder next time.

On a random note, will Cailean travel back in time to join the BG1(Tutu) Bhaalspawn's party?  I hear there's a sucking void in the universe where mods for Tutu should be.

I suppose he really wouldn't have to time travel if we just gave him amnesia.  A conk on the head and he's good to go!  Just think of the banters he could have with Minsc!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: