Author Topic: Keldorn Reaction  (Read 13141 times)

Offline Rathwellin the Bard

• Owl Sage
  • Planewalker
Keldorn Reaction
« on: May 11, 2004, 09:15:03 AM »
Was just reading through the reactions post and saw this:

Keldorn -- Keldorn is stuffy but not as much as Anomen...he might give him some fatherly advice about women. Especially seeing that Cailean's whole mess is a result of being manipulated by a woman. Of course, given Keldorn's recent history Cailean would probably be a bit leery of taking it.

I just wanted to point out that it's very possible to not have Keldorns sub-quest at all & still have the Inquisitor in the party as an NPC.  If the party never follows up on his request to 'show them his home' then you never get to see his little family mess.

It would be strange to see Keldorn and Cailean talking about this if the quest never happened.  Maybe Cailean & Keldorn should find some other way to relate to one another.

Might not be a bad thought for Cernd as well.
Faith is a candle to reason's sun.
No one needs a candle until the darkness falls....

Offline Meira

• Planewalker
  • I'm the snow on your lips
    • Amber's Home
Re: Keldorn Reaction
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:42:10 AM »
I just wanted to point out that it's very possible to not have Keldorns sub-quest at all & still have the Inquisitor in the party as an NPC.  If the party never follows up on his request to 'show them his home' then you never get to see his little family mess.

It would be strange to see Keldorn and Cailean talking about this if the quest never happened.  Maybe Cailean & Keldorn should find some other way to relate to one another.

I would imagine that it's not difficult to find the (global) variable (assuming that one exists) that tracks Keldorn's quest. Kismet and Josephine can simply set a condition for that banter requiring that Keldorns family quest has been done. 

-Meira

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 04:04:03 PM »

I would imagine that it's not difficult to find the (global) variable (assuming that one exists) that tracks Keldorn's quest. Kismet and Josephine can simply set a condition for that banter requiring that Keldorns family quest has been done. 

-Meira

This is true.  We have at least one other NPC banter where a certain quest has to be done in order for it to occur.  But on the other hand, I don't know if we want to have a bunch of these "banters with conditions" (how many is too many, hmmm).  Since we haven't written Keldorn's banters yet (or Cernd's), this is something to think about.  Thanks for giving us more to ponder...  :)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

• Owl Sage
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 04:20:14 PM »
 ;)

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 11:13:09 AM »
Heh, as if every day doesn't bring more to ponder!  :D  Actually, I have to thank you, Rath.  We managed to come up with a good non-quest related banter topic which I think will work much better than what we originally had in mind.   
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

• Owl Sage
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 11:36:13 AM »
Glad to hear it!

Just to reiterate ... but I'm really looking forward to this mod!   :)

Doubt that I'll ever see much of the romance angle in game since I *very* rarely play female PCs, but concept and dialogue look really solid.  I've also wanted to have an Archer in my party for ages!

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 04:01:23 PM »
where do you actully GET keldorn? ive never been able to find him

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 05:03:23 PM »
In the sewers underneath the Temple District (except you might need to start the Unseeing Eye quest first)
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 05:04:24 PM »
unseeing eye? what is someone blind or somthing *sorry if i sound dumb* but i dont often go to the temple district actully i never have

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 05:13:07 PM »
but who cares cailean sounds great so far, im hoping he is as great as he sounds

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 09:05:55 AM »
Irenicus, one of the first rules i learned about rpg is to go EVERYWHERE. Offcourse that was in BG1, where the whole exploration-thing is more realistic, IMO

Plus, there are quite a few nice items related to the Unseeing Eye quest(i dont which ones exactly...)

Edit: noticed how old this thread is....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:07:29 AM by Mark Ravn »
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: