Author Topic: Is there a way to check for night's random encounter in BG1?  (Read 2243 times)

Domi

There are this night's random encounters in BG1, when you are trying to sleep. Is there any way to check in the dialogue script that the encounter like that is NOT occuring?

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Re: Is there a way to check for night's random encounter in BG1?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 09:15:54 AM »
You mean the ~Enemies awken you from your rest.~ spawns? I would imagine CombatCounter(0) would effectively ensure a dialogue doesn't occur whilst the encounter is occuring. This trigger doesn't exist in BG1 though, I am assuming this is for Tutu.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Domi

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 09:40:57 AM »
Yes; I think that when the random encounter strikes, a dream script dialogue gets "bumped", but the variable for it sets itself. So it then ocurs whenever prompted by the interparty banter script forcing people to rest w/o pressing the rest button.  >:(

I just added CombatCounter() and !SeeEnemy in all the scripts, to at least eliminate initiating rest in the middle of the fight  :o but I am having a suspicion that they will still occur in the inopportune time.

If anyone has an idea for a walk-around it - I am all ears!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 09:42:40 AM by Domi »

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 10:08:28 AM »
I think you also need to add a section to the NPC's override script. This script block would reset the dream variable to it's pre-rest state if combat is occurring.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Domi

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 11:09:45 AM »
Thank you, I just got teh same idea from Sim of flipping the variable back if it is "coasting". That *ought* to prevent the problem with a lot of repetitive script additions. Heh, good thing that the long weekend is coming.   :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: