Author Topic: Evil pc?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
Evil pc?
« on: April 23, 2004, 09:31:08 AM »
I tried to do a search but didn't find what I was looking for... so  hopefully this question isn't too silly... but I've never played through with an evil PC before and would like to have the evil NPCs in my party... Would Kelsey work for romancing a NE PC or would he just get angry? Has anyone tried this and if so, what did you think?
Paladin of Torm
"Try it and you'll be spitting teeth for a week."

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
Re: Evil pc?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 11:52:49 AM »
He won't check your alignment and reject you because of it, but like any Good party member, he'll leave if you do certain evil things or if your Reputation dips to 2 or 1.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

discharger12

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 03:05:58 PM »
He won't check your alignment and reject you because of it, but like any Good party member, he'll leave if you do certain evil things or if your Reputation dips to 2 or 1.

Or if you tell him mean things, like "Get a beard sonny"

But thats just silly  :)

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:24:59 PM »
<laughs> Makes senseĀ  ;D Thank you!

Does anyone know if I change Kelsey's alignment using Shadowkeeper (meaning no disrespect at all to the creater... I'd *really* like to try this mod as I hear it's the best romance out there for females but I also would like to try being evil for once :-/ ) would that keep him from being unhappy with me? I've never played evil before (as I've said hehe) so I'm not really sure how low my reputation will fall, and I'm not sure how the coding works as far as alignment vs reaction so yes... Any help is appreciated and hopefully I haven't offended anyone by suggesting to change his alignment for this game!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 11:28:11 PM by Lady Dallandra »
Paladin of Torm

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:52:45 PM »
If you do that, he won't object at low Reputation; however, he will still leave at scripted evil events, like handing over Adalon's eggs to the Lesser Demon Lord.  Also, his lines will make no sense.

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »
Hrm... so my only option if i wanted to use him for an evil PC would probably be that icky happy party patch thing I've seen floating around?
Paladin of Torm

Offline AkashaCatBat

• Loves Glowsticks
  • Planewalker
  • Teh Akasha
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 03:38:50 AM »
I wouldn't use the happy patch. Personally, I would just do the bare minimum to keep the K-man from walking. Look at it from the aspect that your PC is a manipulative woman who acts all sweet and sugary to Kelsey to get him in the sack, then turns around and kills puppies when he is not looking.  ;D
"In this world of miracles, there's nothing wrong we can't make right." - Feeling Electric

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 03:49:38 AM »
Hrm... so my only option if i wanted to use him for an evil PC would probably be that icky happy party patch thing I've seen floating around?
That would do you no good.  I'm not sure if it does anything about scripted departures, but I do know that it doesn't recognize the existence of mod NPCs.

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 04:30:01 AM »
Hrm... well, I was thinking I'd rp it from the point of view mentioned by Akasha (or Her Majesty? please don't behead me if I got it wrong... :D ). I mean, looking at it from the perspective of a NE person Kelsey is a potentially *very* powerful ally and when you're the daughter of a nasty dead god... you have your share of ennemies! Besides... the other men around (Ano... Edwin... Korgan...) aren't *exactly* options... a girl has to keep herself busy *somehow* when not cutting things that bother her into itty bitty bits! :D

Well, looks like I'll just have to play it by ear and see what I can do :D . Thank you all so much for your help :-) . One final question though.. hehe... can anyone spoil me and tell me when exactly the scripted instances for leaving if you do bad things are? Other than the egg one (pity, would have been fun to try that if I could actually make myself do it...) I'm not sure when the others are (if there are others). Thank you once again :-) .
Paladin of Torm

Offline AkashaCatBat

• Loves Glowsticks
  • Planewalker
  • Teh Akasha
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 12:38:38 AM »
He will break up with you if you take control of the theives guild, and do not have high enough reputation/charisma. Thieves and merchants don't go well together. And Akasha is fine. :) Her majesty is far too stuffy... ;)
"In this world of miracles, there's nothing wrong we can't make right." - Feeling Electric

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2004, 02:40:10 AM »
Awww heck... I won't have a problem in the charisma department and hopefully the massive amount of quests will keep my reputation decent... but I wanted my stronghold! <whimpers and ponders>
Paladin of Torm

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2004, 02:40:57 AM »
As Kish once said (paraphrasing slightly, I'm sure) "You can have both if you lie to him."
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Lady Dallandra

• Hunter of the Dead
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2004, 02:43:00 AM »
Oooooooo make a very good point you do....  ;D
Paladin of Torm

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: