Author Topic: An Affair. . . again.  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
An Affair. . . again.
« on: April 19, 2004, 02:05:32 AM »
I have to thank St. Josephine for finding this for me. For those of you who have read it before, I have bulked it up and fleshed it out a bit. For those who haven't, well this was my first FanFic that I had ever posted.

(This is taken from a transcript written while Marcus the Bold, an aging storyteller, asked Journey for a story from her days as a Bhaalspawn.)

I have never once made the claim that I was a good person. I left that to all the story hounds that couldn’t let the simple facts of a person’s life cloud the intrigue and romance of a good story. I once heard it said that historians are just sober storytellers, and they can’t let anything stand alone on its own merits. After all, a young woman of questionable morals, merely seeking to save her own ass and exploiting every opportunity to do so does not make a grand tale. However, the orphaned waif from behind the walls of Candlekeep, valiantly fighting the evils of the Iron Throne, Irenicus and the Five has more of a gut wrenching flavor to it. It makes the story interesting and, what matters most here, buyable.
   A lot of people have asked me why I have done the things that I have done and the simple truth is that I don’t know. My life has been a series of consistent moments of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Even at the moment of me birth, Gorion shaped my destiny with what seemed like a coin-toss decision. Which only reaffirms my belief that good and evil is only within the minds of the sentient, order and chaos, on the other hand, are eternal for everything.

Now how did I get started on that? Here my intent is to relive a rather delicious moment in my past and I start babbling about philosophy. Hmmph, we won’t get too far if you let me ramble on like that.
   Ah yes, Saemon Havarian.
   Now there is a name that invokes more than a light reaction. That man makes my blood burn and at my teeth itch at the same time. People loved or hated him, desperately. But no one ever made the mistake of trusting him. He makes the world a more interesting place by being in it, yet, everyone knows that the world would be better off without him. He’s that friend that always gets you in trouble, but you can’t get rid of him because your life would then be incredibly boring.
   It doesn’t take a genius to realize that I was attracted to him right from the beginning. He was everything I despised in a man. I simply couldn’t resist.
   I first met him through Aran Linvail. I had just forked over 15,000 gold pieces to the Shadow Thieves and most of that money went to securing passage on Saemon’s ship. I remember him vividly, standing on the dock, his ship behind him. The wind loved him that night, it danced with his hair and teased open his shirt just enough to reveal a glimpse of his chest. . .
   Sigh.

What? Oh yes! The story. Er, where was I?

Anyway, it took three seconds into that first meeting that I realized that it had been so long since I had done anything really bad. And I knew instantly that doing anything with Saemon Havarian would, indeed, be really wicked. He appealed to the thief in me.
   Perhaps Anomen sensed something or perhaps he just had an innate sense of timing. I suddenly found his hand in mind as he bent and whispered into my ear.
   “My lady, are you certain we can trust this. . . this man?” he asked, eyeing Saemon with distaste.
   “Perhaps, perhaps not,” I whispered back. “But the truth of the matter is that we are running out of time. The Gods only know what those Cowled bastards have done to her.”
   “Of course, my love. You’re right. I simply don’t like the look of him. He is eyeing you in a most unspeakable manner.”
   To be frank, he eyed me as if I were as naked as the noon sun. I knew the look well, for I was sure I was eyeing him in the same way.
   “Yes, well he’s nothing to worry about,” I reassured Anomen. And I will point out that I was being honest at that point. Was I tempted? Yes. Had I been tempted before? Yes. Have I ever acted on it? No.
   We boarded the ship without further ado and set sail for Brynnlaw. I didn’t see much on that trip as I spent the days closeted with Anomen in his cabin. I took to sailing as naturally as an old salt, but Anomen turned green the moment he set foot on the ship. He probably lost five pounds during that voyage.
   “By Helm, I must be dying,” he muttered weakly from the floor. He simply couldn’t stand the swaying of his hammock.
   I crouched down behind him and mopped his brow with a cool cloth. “You aren’t dying,” I gently whispered. “You were just built for the land is all.”
   “My love,” he said as he grabbed my hand. “I hate to leave you before your task is done. But I fear that my life is coming to an end.”
   He was so serious with his melodrama that I couldn’t help but laugh. I brushed his hair away from his forehead and dropped a kiss on top of his head.
   “I’m sorry Anomen, but you aren’t dying. You may pray for death before we get to port, but you will survive all the same.”
   He shut his eyes and continued on with his dying.

When we finally docked, I had to have Keldorn help me with Anomen. Jan, Minsc, Yoshimo and Kelsey had already gotten off the ship and waited while Keldorn, Anomen and I all stumbled off like some drunken three-headed beast.
   “We need to get him to an inn as soon as possible,” Keldorn commented. “I’m sure a day’s rest will return him to normal.”
   “Sir Keldorn, I am no child. I assure you that I will be fine in a few moments,” Anomen argued.
   I rolled my eyes. “He’s starting to sound like he’s back to normal,” I grunted. Anomen had insisted on donning his armor before he left the bloody ship and that only doubled his weight.
   “Regardless,” Keldorn insisted. “He needs to regain his strength. This town has an ill-favored look and I would have us all be at our best when we attempt the attack on Spellhold.”
   I didn’t get a chance to answer, for Saemon approached the group.
   “I’m terribly sorry to have to do this to you. . .” he started to say, but the rest of his speech was lost to me. Several vampires materialized behind him.
   The bastard had set us up.
   Saemon disappeared a heartbeat before the battle began. Minsc bellowed a battle cry from his gut and started thrashing his sword at anything that moved, which only meant that he was berzerking. This left Kelsey and Jan to bear the brunt of the battle beside him. They immediately cast their defensive spells, as much to protect themselves from Minsc as the vampires. Yoshimo had disappeared, as he always did, and attempted to strike from the shadows.
   Keldorn and I tried to move Anomen away from the battle, but he would have none of it. He immediately snatched up his mace and started swinging. There was nothing left for the two of us to do but jump in before one of our own got killed. . . by one of our own.

It was a rather inglorious battle, but somehow we managed to win. With Anomen still upright, Keldorn decided to deal with Minsc while I checked on Anomen.
   “Are you okay?” I asked him. I had to admit that he did look a little better, although still a bit feverish.
   “Naturally, my lady. The heat of battle seems to have revived me well,” he replied with his arrogance in full swing.
   “Yes, well I still think Keldorn was right. We need to get to an inn so you can rest.”
   “There’s the Vulgar Monkey which isn’t too far from here. I think it’s the only inn here,” Kelsey commented as he walked up.
   “Hey Ano, how about another voyage? You know, if you ever need any advice on sailing, you can just ask. . .”
   “Quiet runt!” Anomen snapped. “I am in no mood for any more of your tales. Speak at the cost of your life!”
   “Yep, I would say he’s back to normal,” Kelsey grumbled only loud enough for me to hear.    
   “Anomen, come on. It’s been a long trip,” I said, hoping to diffuse the situation before it could start. Anomen’s seasickness would be fodder for everyone in the group for years to come. Not that he wouldn’t earn the abuse.
   “You know, that sounds like a wonderful idea,” Jan agreed. He fished something from his pack. “I know I’m getting hungry. How about you, Ano? Care for a bite?”
   Jan produced a smashed turnip sandwich that would make a healthy man ill and held it up to Anomen.
   Anomen took one inadvertent whiff of the thing and immediately bolted to the docks’ edge where he was noisily sick.
   Kelsey and Jan immediately erupted in a fit of laughter and all I could do was throw my hands in the air.
   Yes, Anomen had it coming, and yes, it was funny. I had a hell of a time swallowing my chuckles. But swallow them I did, because that is what you do for someone that you love.
   Finally, I gathered everyone together and we all readied for Imoen’s rescue.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 01:52:28 PM by Audacity »
"I like a man who grins when he fights." -Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
Re: An Affair. . . again.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 02:06:35 AM »
I’m sure you have all heard the infamous tales of Imoen’s rescue. We acted like we were all insane, which really wasn’t hard to do and the pirate captain, Desharik, agreed the world would be a safer place if we weren’t in it.
   Irenicus was ready for us, of course, and he had us all by the short and curlies thanks to that traitorous worm, Yoshimo. We did find Imoen, but it was at the cost of a companion and our souls.
   I really can’t give an accurate description of how I felt with my soul gone. I have no basis for comparison. I didn’t give my soul that much thought when I had it, and once it was gone, it was hard to detect a difference right away. The only noticeable thing right from the start was that Bhaal’s presence seemed more magnified. I felt him getting closer. Perhaps food didn’t taste as rich, wine wasn’t nearly as sweet and enjoying the simple comfort of friends around a fire wasn’t as pleasurable. I would have missed the loss of these things more keenly as I went on, but I didn’t notice it at first.

It wasn’t enough for Irenicus to kill us all right away. There was something deep inside of him that wanted us to suffer as he had suffered, I’m sure. There had to be, or else I can’t explain why he agreed to let Bodhi release us in her maze as one last kick in the teeth. Surely he would have realized that she would want to play?
   Ah, but then neither one expected what happened next to happen.
   I felt my rage build up and burn like a camp fire about to go wild. As we battled the beasties in the maze, fought to figure out her damnable puzzles and struggled to keep a lid on our budding panic, I felt this incredible, indignant anger build up inside of me. They captured up, toyed with us, moved us around like checker pieces. We all suffered and it was time for someone, somewhere to pay.
   Bodhi waited for us as we neared the exit. I knew that it wouldn’t be as simple as finding the way out of this damnable place. I knew that she would wait for us.
   As soon as we opened the door, she greeted us cheerfully. . . arrogantly.
   My blood thundered in my head, I heard a roaring in my skull. I bared my fangs and suddenly, sharp spikes pierced my skin. It was an unholy agony that swept through me as my conscious mind politely stepped aside to let the beast out.
   I could see nothing but hate and blood in front of me. I attacked everything and everyone. Maddened by fury and fueled by fear, I charged forward just in time for the bitch to run.
   My thirst was not slaked, I whirled and attacked some more. It mattered not who it was, but something needed to die.
   “Journey!” Imoen shrieked.

I came to, panting and standing over Anomen. His skin had turned white as old bone and his eyes flared in fear. He lay prone on his back and there were several claw marks across his throat and face.
   I started shaking, for I felt very cold. I wordlessly stepped back and Keldorn helped Anomen to his feet.
   No one would come near me. They all looked at me like I was the biggest threat to their lives, which apparently I was.
   “You are a beast within!” Anomen whispered. “Why if I didn’t know any better, my hands would be around your throat as we speak!”
   I turned from him, stung by his comment. Was that all he could think of, that I was some rabid animal that needed to be put down? He spoke of his own rage so many times, how could he not understand what the hell just happened to me?
   “Come on,” I ordered coldly. Much to my chagrin, everyone flinched. “She went this way; this must be the way out.”

It didn’t take the party long to come around. Imoen, of course, was the first to approach me and the others soon followed suit.
   Except for Anomen.
   We found our way back to Spellhold and just as we reached the top of the stairs, we met up with none other than Saemon Havarian. He was apologetic for betraying us to the vampires and even offered a tip to defeat Irenicus.
   “You aren’t going to believe him, are you Journey?” Anomen asked. “After what he did to us? Say the word and I shall cut him down.”
   Well, Anomen didn’t like him. That gave me enough of a reason for my petty vengeance to take effect.
   “No,” I told him. “We’ll listen to what he has to say.”
   Actually, Saemon’s plan worked very well. We freed the other loonies in the place and attacked Irenicus en masse. He left, of course. He still had other plans and apparently wasn’t concerned enough about my murderous rage to hang around. We disposed of the mindless assassins and left as quickly as we could.
   I still suffer from claustrophobia thanks to that sadistic madman. First it was his dungeon under the Promenade, then it was Spellhold and the maze then it was the Underdark. If I can’t open a door and see the sky the walls start to close in on me.

We met up with Saemon in the hall after the battle. Sure, he was sorry, but not sorry enough to risk his own hide in the fight.
   “Well, they didn’t stick around long,” he commented.
   “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t just kill you?” I asked.
   “I can get you out of here,” he replied.
   Those were the magic words.
   “I’m listening,” I told him.
   “Given as my employment with Bodhi and Irenicus has come to an abrupt end, it seems to me that we’re striving for the same goal.”
   “So it would seem.”
   “Now, not only can I get you out of Spellhold, I can get you closer to killing him.”
   “Ah, and what would be your payment for that? If you’re hoping I’ll sell my soul, I’m sorry but I’m fresh out.”
   He stared at me for a moment with a half-shocked, half-baffled look. He shook it off, not trying to understand my humor. “Er, no. All I require is your assistance.”
   “Of course you do,” I growled. “Until the next highest bidder comes along, am I right?”
   “Ah, now you wound me, love. I’d be willing to offer you a little something in exchange for your services.”
   My jaw dropped open for a quick moment. I’m sure he didn’t intend for that to sound the way it sounded, but that was where my mind went. He merely grinned at me.
   He produced a sword and held it to the sparse light.
   “This is a very valuable weapon. But I would be willing to let it go if you help me.”
   “It’s broken. I would rather have gold,” I replied.
   “No, my dear. This is a rare weapon and nothing is finer, believe me.”
   I sighed.
   “Surely you don’t mean to. . .” Anomen started.
   “You have an accord,” I immediately said to Saemon. “Get us out of here.”
   “Alright then,” he agreed.

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
Re: An Affair. . . again.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 02:07:25 AM »
Of course, Saemon didn’t give us all the information. Only when he got us out and met up with us at the Vulgar Monkey did he tell us that he needed us to help him steal a ship.
   Now, ostensibly, I agreed to help him because I wanted the hell off of this island. But the truth of the matter was I was still a thief, soul or no soul. I had never stolen anything as big as a ship before. As Keldorn and Anomen raised their objections, I couldn’t help but perk up at the challenge.
   Imoen shared a glance with me. Her eyes also danced with challenge.
   “What do we need to do?” I asked Saemon, nearly licking my lips in anticipation.
   “The Captain has a mistress. He gave her the horn he uses to signal the guards. I need that horn.”
   “His mistress, where does she live?” I asked.
   He took me to a window and pointed out the house. “Right over there. She keeps her door unlocked, for everyone knows better than to break into the Captain’s mistress’ home.”
   “Of course they do,” I replied as my look grew hungry.
   “She rarely leaves, but I find that she is so exhausted by the day’s exertions that come nightfall, she sleeps like the dead.”
   I noticed that Saemon’s voice had grown warm and conspiratorial and I also knew that he was manipulating me.
   I didn’t care though.
   “Very well, we’ll get the horn.”
   “I knew I could count on you,” he said with a grin.

Stealing Desharik’s ship was an act of pure audacity. But I loved the plan, I was proud to be a part of it. We set sail in the dead of night and the exhilaration of the theft left me in a better mood than I had been in a long time. Not to mention that I had Imoen back to take part in my capers once again. Considering those two things, I hardly had a care in the world.
   Hardly.
   I guess that first night on the ship was sort of a reunion party. I introduced Imoen to Keldorn first off. You wouldn’t believe how quickly those two bonded. I know Keldorn reminded Imoen of all those stuffy uncles we had back in Candlekeep and it took two blinks of an eye before she fell into outrageously teasing him. He took it well, much like ribbing from a favored niece.
   Of course I had to introduce her to Anomen, even though he and I weren’t really talking at the time. It didn’t matter. Once again, seasickness plagued him the moment he set foot on board and he spent most of the night holed up in his cabin.
   Jan had managed to out-annoy Imoen, which was probably the greatest thing I had ever seen. To this day Imoen won’t have anything to do with turnips, gives her indigestion I guess.
   And then there was Kelsey. It was unfortunate that I had met Kelsey after Anomen and I had gotten together. If it hadn’t been for Anomen I would have made a play for him, but the way things happened I’m guess I’m glad I didn’t. Besides, he was a merchant and I had made a living relieving merchants of their goods.
   When I introduced them, Kelsey took her hand and shook it, like he would have any other colleague and he almost pulled it off.
   “Hi-lo,” he greeted, cleared his throat and tried again. “Uh, I mean, hello.”
   “Hiya,” Imoen responded and then grinned at him.
   He lost the ability to speak after that, so I left her with him. I wanted to check on Anomen anyway.
   When I got to Anomen’s cabin, I saw him curled up on the floor, sweating and shaking. Something in my mind chuckled. He had the ability to bring back the dead, but apparently Helm hadn’t granted him the power to cure seasickness.
   “How are you feeling?” I asked gently. I tried to ignore the wall that had grown between us.
   “Fine,” he replied in a weak voice. Of course he was fine! How could I not see how fine he was behind the green tint to his skin?
   “Here, I’ll help you into bed,” I tried again. Still I could feel the tension between us knot up in my shoulders.
   “I can do it,” he said and clawed his way toward the hammock. I took a towel I had filched from the Vulgar Monkey and soaked it down in cold water; the act intended to hide my irritation. I wonder if all clerics make such horrible patients?
   He managed to climb into his precarious bed but he still had his armor on. I walked over and began to unfasten the straps to his breastplate when he angrily knocked my hand away.
   “I can do it,” he snapped.
   “Fine!” I shouted and threw the wet towel at him. It smacked him in the face and I stormed out of his cabin. It looked like this wasn’t going to be an easy wall to breach.
   I left Anomen’s cabin in an edgy mood and I simply wasn’t ready for bed yet. So I paid one of the crew to take me to Saemon’s private stock of alcohol and liberated a bottle of rum. Then I went above decks where I could pace and drink myself insensate. I have always loved the ocean and it was a shame that Anomen suffered from seasickness. Many times I had imagined the two of us standing at the fore of a ship, letting the wind wash over us and staring up at the moon.

What was that look for? What, just because I was Bhaalspawn meant that I didn’t have romantic inclinations? Well, my old friend, in between the murderous tendencies, saving the world from the likes of Sarevok, Bodhi, Irenicus and Melissan, and deflecting Bhaal at every turn, believe it or not, I did manage to find time to indulge in schoolgirl fancies and daydreams.
   May I continue?
   Thanks.

I leaned against the rail of the ship, the prow, a half-clad woman, soared toward the waves from below me. I uncorked the bottle of rum and took a long pull. There was a biting chill in the wind as it poured over me, but after the confines of Spellhold, it was just the thing to purge me of my claustrophobia.
   “Ah, Journey, you enjoy the lead so much that even on my ship you take the closest thing to the front you can find, eh?”
   I turned and saw Saemon approach me.
   “Gee, Saemon, I would have figured you would be abed by now. Or can’t you find any man’s wife to join you?”
   “Ah now, you wound me, love. And here I came to check on you. To see how you’re doing now that part of you is. . . uh, missing.”
   “Fine, I suppose. ‘Tis strange though, at the weirdest moments I can feel Bhaal ready to seize my body.”
   Saemon jumped back and his eyes grew wide.
   “Really? Well, I. . . uh. . . gotta go. . . “
   I had to laugh.
   “Oh Saemon, I’m kidding!”
   He glanced at me warily.
   “Mighty odd sense of humor you have there, love.”

Now I have to add that Saemon had known so many women, he couldn’t possibly remember all their names. His use of the word ‘love’ was not a gesture of affection. Merely a nickname he gave every lady he had ever known.

He finally became comfortable enough to stand next to me and I shared his bottle of rum with him. We stared up into the velvety throat of the night sky without saying anything.
   “So, how’s Sir Anomen?” he finally asked.
   “Don’t ask me, we’re not speaking,” I replied. I realized the mistake of saying anything instantly.
   “Really? Something to do with what happened back in Spellhold?”
   “Aye. Forgive me though if I don’t want to talk about it,” I told him. I shouldn’t have bothered. I knew that Saemon didn’t give one whit about Anomen or his illness.
   “So I take it you won’t be staying with him tonight?”
   Well, THAT was direct enough.

You have to understand something here. Saemon was a scoundrel, a thief and a liar. I knew that up front. But there was a reason that he still lives to this day. There was something else about him. It was almost indefinable. Me, I say that it was the way he oozed charm the way a dirty man oozed stink. It was perceptible in the air around him. And I have to say, the way he stood, with his chest bare, his undone shirt flapping in the wind, and the golden hoop earring winking in the moonlight, well, I dare any woman to resist that. Even if I could have ignored how he looked, his sexuality hit me in the loins and all of my senses stood at attention.

“No,” I replied calmly. “I won’t.”
   “I see,” he replied with a smirk. “That’s too bad.”
   “Yeah, I’ll bet.”
   “So,” he said, smoothly changing the subject. “I see that Imoen is relatively unharmed, so that must mean a good return on all the money you spent.”
   That damnable man was playing games with me. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it, but it irritated me that I hadn’t initiated the game playing first.
   “Speaking of money,” I commented. “It would seem you still owe me for services rendered.”
   He chuckled and shook his head.
   “Trust a thief to keep you honest,” he replied. He pulled out the sword.
   “I would prefer gold,” I informed him once again.
   “No you don’t, love. This sword is better than gold.”
   I took it and gave it a cursory examination. Then I put it away.
   “So who did you filch it from?” I asked.
   “No one of importance,” he answered breezily. “Have you ever thought of taking up piracy? You seem to do well on a ship.”
   “Suggesting a partnership?”
   “Perhaps for a night or two.”

Pardon? Didn’t I care about Anomen?
   Of course I cared about Anomen! As much as a person without a soul can care about anyone or anything. It was like Irenicus had once said. I clung to the memory, and then the memory of the memory of our love. But come on, without a soul, my feelings lacked conviction. I never once claimed I was a good person, and without my soul, my conscious was virtually gone.
And Saemon and I were a lot alike. I have never understood what Anomen had ever seen in me. He took my council on matters of morality, which are pretty skewed since I’m a thief, and saw some nobility in me that I never knew was there. He thinks I’m a better person than I am.
   Saemon never had that perception. He was a scoundrel and he related to the dark underbelly of whatever good side I had. We both knew what it was like to leap from a second story window because our lover’s spouse had come home. We had seen the race of man from a view of the gutters and knew their darkest secrets and deepest vices. We had a lot in common.

Pray, let me go on with my story, I’m nearing the good bit.

An uncomfortable silence passed while we stared at each other. The very air between us was charged with signals so animal that neither one of us understood them on a conscious level. Yes, I hated Saemon Havarian. He had betrayed me to Bodhi’s vampires, and I hadn’t forgiven him for that. But the urges he switched on when he came around were stronger than my hate.

Has that ever happened to you? You find someone that has no redeemable qualities, the very thought of them disgusts you and you can’t even stand the world because they’re in it. Yet, the minute you get within two feet of them, all of your feelings are overridden by the beastly sexual need you have for them?
   No? That’s too bad.
   I’m here to tell you, it’s like a drug. You’re addicted to their bodies in a purely chemical way. That is the only way I can think to describe it. 

Anyway. The same primal need that stirred within me stirred within Saemon. We may not have said a word to each other, but our beasts within spoke volumes and we could feel every word of their writhing dialog. I could feel a sweat break through my skin below the belt and I heard Saemon’s whispering moan. With that signal we crashed together. His mouth burned, as I tasted this salty sailor for the first time. He yanked my shirt up my back and I tore his away completely. We made our way across the deck as one creature melded of two bodies, stumbling over ropes and battling the rocking of the ship. If any crew saw us, they merely stepped out of the way and let us continue to Saemon’s cabin.
   As we reached his door, he latched onto my neck, devouring and tasting my skin with such a force, I fleetingly wondered if Bodhi had turned him vampire. But then he raked his nails down my back and I threw my head back, moaning, and the thought dissolved.
   “A minute love, I have to unlock my door,” he growled. He dug into a pants pocket and struggled against the tightening leather to bring forth his key. I took that opportunity to yank off my shirt and to free Saemon from his pants. He fumbled the key into the lock and the door crashed inward. As we stumbled inside, our progress was hampered by the blinding darkness. Saemon tripped over a trunk and stumbled to the floor. I’m sure he was thrown off balance by the fact that his pants had slipped down around his knees.
   “Damnation,” he grumbled. I heard him flop around on the floor in an effort to stand.
   I chuckled as I easily stripped off my remaining garments. Suddenly, he snatched my arm and yanked me to the floor next to him. His mouth found mine once again and he ran his hands over my bare skin. I rolled until I was on top of him, our sweat soaked bodies slid easily across each other.
   “Saemon?” I asked against him mouth.
   “What?”
   “Shouldn’t we get in bed?”
   Our tongues tangled for a moment before he answered.
   “Yes,” he breathily whispered.
   “Where is it?” I asked panting.
   “I don’t know.”
   “Okay.” I sucked on him bottom lip and he pulled on my hair until my neck arched to him.

My dear Marcus, if you don’t take a breath soon, you’ll suffocate. Oh, now look, you’ve dropped your quill. Well, pick it up, come on; I have to be somewhere soon.
   What’s that?
   Well thank you. Yes I do pride myself on my excellent memory. How nice of you for noticing.

I’m not sure what Saemon had in mind, if he had anything in his mind at the time, but what he got was wholly different, I can assure you. My passion was high, my blood burned and without a soul as a barrier, part of the Slayer broke free. I could feel its mental claws gripping me, trying to wrench away control. My empowered and highflying ardor fueled it and I was in for a battle.
Whoa.
 It intensified any and every sensation on my part and Saemon noticed the change.
   I have to give him credit here; there aren’t many men who could survive such an erotic onslaught.
   Heh, I have to thank Edwin for that particular turn of phrase, even if he has no idea what it really means. You know, it might prove interesting to teach him.

Oh come on, Marcus, of course I’m kidding. . . kinda.

I suppose I can skip over the messy parts. There was some spurting, a number of explosions and a great deal of screaming in pleasure. No stars though. Now I have done this a time or two in my life, and not once have I ever seen stars. But that’s neither here nor there. Needless to say, I left Saemon Havarian so exhausted he had to work at the simple task of breathing. I stood and searched the room until I found a lantern. A few sparks and the room filled with a warm glow. Saemon lay on the floor, his hair, once arranged in a rakish fashion, stuck out on end and I saw that his pants still dangled off one of his legs. Speaking of pants, I had to search the cabin for a moment before I found mine flung over an elegantly carved teak chest. I slowly redressed, pausing to find all of my garments and when I finished, I found that Saemon was still on the floor, staring at me. I grinned, dug a few gold out of my pouch and tossed them on the nightstand by the bed.
   “Thanks love,” I said, winked and left his cabin. I went back to my cabin and ordered up a warm bath.

Yes, Marcus, that’s the end. I guess it has to be; you look like you’re ready to bolt. Feel free to come back any time. I’m sure I can dig up more stories.

(It is noted here that Marcus literally ran from Anomen and Journey’s home. It isn’t clear whether Journey’s invitation to return caused him to flee or the fact that Sir Anomen had just returned from the Temple of Helm.)   

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: