Author Topic: Error in alternative voice  (Read 1761 times)

grainne6

Error in alternative voice
« on: March 14, 2020, 04:07:51 PM »
When I tried out the alternative voice for Xan I noticed that the spoken dialogue doesn't match the written.  It is one dialogue ahead.  I am on the bonded path and this error occurred with the first love talk at rest and the waking up dialogue.  I have decided to switch back to the main voice so I don't know for how long this continues. 
(The alternative voice is very good but I am too used to the old one by SisterVigilante - it just sounds like Xan to me now.)

Lilaina

Re: Error in alternative voice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:51:13 AM »
I noticed the same thing. Happens with both 2.5 and 1.3 versions of EE and with no other mods installed. When he comments on the rubble of Irenicus's lab in the promenade, the voiced lines for the sewer plays instead. The only time the correct voice has played for a conversation so far was the initial meeting. Selection/combat sounds etc all match.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:02:31 AM »
Thanks for the report.
In case anyone wants to contribute a fix I would appreciate the help!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 02:17:57 AM »
This will be fixed in v19!
Thank you for the report, and thank you Lilaina for the extensive bug digging! I ended up renaming the oggs as the mod uses those instead of using the renamed wavs, but your research saved me a lot of time.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: