Author Topic: Further Slaver Involvement [spoiler]  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
Further Slaver Involvement [spoiler]
« on: September 04, 2019, 03:35:48 AM »
Hello,
I’m basing this post on my memory.

In vanilla game you meet Risa, the orphaned child and you can bring the paladin to her and make them happy together. Questpack adds an evil possibility, to make Risa a slave.  I like the idea very much but I find it very flawed in its execution.  How does it work?

1) you meet Risa,

2) [Vanilla content] You ask the paladin to take care of her. There are no further choices to the whole ordeal. Either you play good and solve the quest or Risa will stay there with the priest in the cemetery permanently.

3) [Questpack content] you talk with Lehtinan. He will be sending one of his minions to the cemetery to get the girl from the priest. Now that’s what the flawed part I’m talking about:

- if you left the paladin alive, he will step in and adopt the girl. You won’t be able to actually stop him.
- if you killed the paladin, the quest will end well and Lehtinan will have a new slave.

The problem with this content is in the “alive” paladin scenario. If the paladin steps in, you are not given in the dialogues a chance to <charname> to actually get the girl by killing both the paladin and the priest.
This is totally weird from the player standpoint: the player needs to know he has to kill the paladin before trying to get Risa, otherwise the quest will get botched.  But the player can’t know that unless he has already played the scenery. So you’re basing the new content on the quickload feature!

Please, give it a thought to add a possibility to actually step in when the paladin comes and to get the girl.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:54:53 PM by Sergio1992 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: