Author Topic: Anomen bug  (Read 4349 times)

Offline n2nw

• Planewalker
Anomen bug
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »
Okay, I broke down and posted.  I've lurked forever and have always been able to find any fixes I needed, but now I'm darn well stumped.  If it turns out to be something easy, I'm gonna be really irritated with myself...(but happy that it's fixed, so there's that)

Anyway, I'm playing the Enhanced Edition and I have tons of romance mods installed (but not the multiromancing mods) and the banter pack, flirt pack and cross-mod.  I'm pretty sure my problem is that Anomen is stuck on a dialogue that has to do with the flirt pack or something that is conflicting with it.  The reason I suspect the flirt pack is that he never gets borked until after he sleeps with the PC (pun not intended, but I'm okay with it).  After they wake up, he gives the morning-after speech, but continues to act like he wants to converse and won't move unless it's a couple of steps. The only differences I can find (in EEKeeper) is the added variable for the first night and his romance progression variable.  Specifically, fwanomennookie = 1  appears (real subtle variable there, btw, lol) and  the Anomen Romance variable changes from 1531986 to 1578809.

I've researched here and other places and tried various fixes (including uninstalling and then re-installing the flirt pack, editing variables in EEKeeper to progress dialogues, deleting variables in EEKeeper, removing him from the party, resting again, etc.) but I can't get him past whatever script is holding him.  Keep in mind, I'm only tech savvy enough to really screw up something, so I don't know how to check what all is going on in the game mechanics or even how to figure that out...otherwise, I'd probably have it fixed by now...or be romancing an Anomen that looked like Minsc, used Aerie's dialogues and changed into the slayer.   :D

I am not using "Big World Setup" as, frankly, it seemed like a lot of complicated work and I wasn't sure it would have all the mods I wanted.  So, I installed the mods manually.  And though I'm not sure how or if it matters, I did find a list of install order and installed them in that order.

I know a lot of people hate Anomen, but he has always been my favorite BG romance, especially after the flirt pack (though Aran by cmorgan came close to replacing him and Aeryn's Haer'Dalis is very close behind).  I decided to make an EE run of concurrent games with the romance mods for females and the only screwed game is, of course, my favorite.  *sigh*  SO, after much searching and trial and error, I signed up and signed on to see if someone here might be willing to take some time and try to help me figure out what's going on.  Thanks for reading. :)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Re: Anomen bug
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 05:29:30 AM »
To see what's going on in the game, after the variable is set and Anomen borks when commanded to move, I would recommend that you install my LSTest mod. It will bork your game in other situations, but you can uninstall it after you have tested and seen what's borking Anomen(which script and what block). After which you can deal with that situation.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Anomen bug
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »
Yes, I'm afraid without knowing which script block is causing the stutter there is little I can do to help you. The morning after dialogue variable is closed properly (it's a local variable "FWAnomenMorningAfter") so this shouldn't be the cause for the stutter. It might be it's a coincidence the stutter appears after the morning after dialogue. Could you install The Imp's stutter debug toll and then look in NI which script block is causing the stutter?

The Imp: I made the experience that sometimes, the stutter isn't shown in the text field for the Enhanced Editions. I included DisplayStringHead into the stutter debug tool, as well.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: