Author Topic: ID_OF_LABEL woes (solved)  (Read 4802 times)

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
Re: ID_OF_LABEL woes (solved)
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
So, unless majority of modders want's to change how LABEL works and in which context is used, and wisp will introduce those changes, I'm gonna assume that my GUID/UUID request can't be solved via LABEL, right?
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »
The syntax of REQUIRE_COMPONENT is
Code: [Select]
REQUIRE_COMPONENT  modToUninstall modComponent String
and modComponent isn't documented, so you could have been right that it can be a LABEL, but in fact the WEIDU parser seems to insist that it's an integer.
Yeah, the documentation for a lot of the old features just kind of assumes you know the "types" of the arguments. As you've surmised, REQUIRE_COMPONENT requires that modComponent is an integer, whereas, say, REQUIRE_PREDICATE, evalutes a patch expression, which may be a string, an integer, or something like ID_OF_LABEL.

So, unless majority of modders want's to change how LABEL works and in which context is used, and wisp will introduce those changes, I'm gonna assume that my GUID/UUID request can't be solved via LABEL, right?
LABEL is not changing, no. Are the salient points of your UUID proposal still that they'd live in the global scope (alongside TP2 names, rather than under them, like LABEL), are added to the log and maybe that a component can have at most one UUID? If not, would you care to summarise the current status?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:55:15 AM by Wisp »

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
If all components use LABELS, it means that modder can skip "DESIGNATED int" keyword for all components, right? Does such situation is supported by weidu? What are possible consequences?
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
There are other reasons for why you might want, or perhaps even should, use DESIGNATED, so I'd say no. Not using DESIGNATED means WeiDU will assign component numbers automatically.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: