Author Topic: Lyric Suite  (Read 26163 times)

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
Lyric Suite
« on: April 13, 2016, 03:49:35 AM »
Not really sure if this is where i should post, but if not, i'm sure to receive plenty of advice as where to go. Ahhem.

Here goes. The mod Lyric Suite, as far as i can determine is from Japan. I got the mod from PPG's download section, but that particular webpage doesn't seem to have any website attached. Without a website there is no forum, no walkthrough nor any way to ask questions about the mod. This is unfortunate because i am stuck.

Has anyone played this mod, or is there anyone that can answer questions about this mod? I have several questions that i need answered.
Please help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Lyric Suite
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 04:59:55 AM »
Probably not. You could link the link here, though. :)

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:37:27 PM »
I will try my best. I am more of a reader than a poster.

http://book.geocities.jp/polly_flinders_has_an_applepie/iwd.html

http://book.geocities.jp/polly_flinders_has_an_applepie/iwd.html

Well, not quite right, but i think that a person can use it for 'copy/paste'

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
My solution would be simple: if you like, open the readme file. There's the author's e-mail in the end of the file. Since the last changes are from around 2014, I'd guess that the author would still be around.
You could even write a short walkthrough together and add it to the readme!

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »
My solution would be simple: if you like, open the readme file. There's the author's e-mail in the end of the file. Since the last changes are from around 2014, I'd guess that the author would still be around.
You could even write a short walkthrough together and add it to the readme!

I have sent an email to the address listed and i am still waiting for a reply.

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »
I owe any reader of my previous post an apology. I had inadvertently deleted the email response from Ayane, the mods' author. In my defense i can only tell you that i receive between 1200 and 2000 emails daily and i frequently delete pages of emails at a time without looking at them. It's a long story.
However, i digress. The information that was sent to me is not as complete as i would like, so i am still working on it. There is some information though, that i can impart to any one interested in the IWD mod, Lyric Suite.
If you install the full version of the mod, then component:
#1 Quinn Silverfinger. He does in fact sells potions. it's good.
#2 Children's Melody. Don't know how this works. The reply from Ayane helped, but i still don't know what to do. You'll have to wait for more information.
#3 Dark Moon Shines. This part, i believe, works. The encounters are tough. I made the mistake of playing it in HOF mode, big mistake. In the first encounter, it took me 14 reboots and dropping the level twice, before i was able to win with acceptable losses. Don't get me wrong though, i loved it. It was great. The key - is to go in with a plan.
#4 Improved Belifet and Red Eye. I cannot get this to work. According to Ayane, you should go to Lonely Wood to get silver weapons before taking on Belifet. Silver is the only thing that can kill it. How you know this, is something of a mystery. You can, of course, read it off the webpage, but inside the game, i don't know. There are a goodly number of dialogues that never triggered for me.
Red Eye is almost a complete blank. From Ayane, you need an item in order to meet. This is somewhat confusing. The author refers to the second encounter with Kresselack at Lower Dorn's Deep and get the item there. Except, there is no encounter with Kreeselack in Lower Dorn's Deep as far as i can tell. Ayane told me where Red Eye was, but not how i know this within the framework of the game. Again, dialogues that never triggered could be the problem.
All i can say is wait.
As an aside, Ayane wrote that i was the first person to comment on the mod. That caught me by surprise because the mod has been out for some time. Very curious.
If i find out anything more, i'll report it, if anyone is interested.

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »
Well. I felt that if i gave it a little bit of time, someone who has played this mod would appear. It seems that not only am i the first to comment on the mod, apparently i am the first to play the mod.
I freely admit that IWD has never been that popular, but i didn't think it was devoid of gamers willing to play. I am a bit confused with that. However that may be, let me say that the mod is quite a challenge. Combat is hard and filled with tough characters. It's worth trying.
I have corresponded with the author and i have accepted the mantle of proofreader. Not really sure how to do that, but i'm game for it. I have already sent Ayane (the author) some changes he can put into the mod. I see from the webpage and his emails that he has already made most, if not all of my suggestions for changes.
This will take time and i will get back to this forum eventually.

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »
I have just completed the proofreading for the mod. We will have to test it and see if it's what Ayane wants. Soon it will be available.
I have also started a bare bones walkthrough, i  haven't gotten together with Ayane yet. Patience.

Offline Truman

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »
I see that Lyric Suite has added an extension, Nightmare Sonata. It is still in Beta, but it should be ready soon. I haven't downloaded it yet, (you can get it at the same website as Lyric Suite). From my short emails with the author, it is supposed to have a dragon in it. Lyric Suite has some really tough encounters, (at HOF), i can only imagine what it will be like with a dragon.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: