Author Topic: Item Upgrade v43 Now Available  (Read 5300 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Item Upgrade v43 Now Available
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »
The Item Upgrade mod allows Cromwell and Cespenar to upgrade additional items in BGII. One third of them are convenience functions (e.g., they save you ring or boot space), one third of them try to beef up categories of weapons that are "weak by comparison" (e.g., clubs and spears), and one third of them upgrade NPC-specific items.

Version 43 corrects errors in the Polish translation (for real this time) and provides a few other bug fixes.

v43 Changelog:

• Polish translation should no longer crash EE games (for real this time)
  • argent77 had made a macro to help EE-ify item descriptions from vanilla item descriptions; this is now used for the Korean and Russian translations since they lack a dedicated, EE-specific translation
  • NPC-restricted items will now use the same restriction schemes as their parent items for EE games
  • Fixed a bug where the some install options were not available for Polish players
  • Items which provide immunity to poison now also block Cloudkill
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 08:46:27 PM by CamDawg »
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Steveatoni

Re: Item Upgrade v43 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:10:00 AM »
So I d/l the v.42 at the link above, unzip into the BG2 folder then go to https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Item_Upgrade/tree/master/itemupgrade, and d/l all the v.43 files? Overwrite with v.43, then run the tp2?

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »
So I d/l the v.42 at the link above, unzip into the BG2 folder then go to https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Item_Upgrade/tree/master/itemupgrade, and d/l all the v.43 files? Overwrite with v.43, then run the tp2?

Whoops, fixed the bad link. Just download v43 and use that; no need to mess with v42.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Steveatoni

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »
That was quick! Thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem to update from v.40 if I haven't yet gone to see Cromwell, right? Or do I need to start a new game?

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
I think you should be fine, yeah.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: