Author Topic: BG1UB v15.1 - Post bug reports/feedback here!  (Read 15321 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1UB v15.1 - Post bug reports/feedback here!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »
The Kagaij.dlg won't be useful, unfortunately, without the links to your dialog.tlk. Do you have the current NI? Because it has a nifty export feature for dlg -> d.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 04:01:39 PM »
Did the file KAGAIJ.DLG get overwritten, or did Kagain's dialog get reassigned in-game to a different file?

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »
The Kagaij.dlg won't be useful, unfortunately, without the links to your dialog.tlk. Do you have the current NI? Because it has a nifty export feature for dlg -> d.
Hey,  :) my current version is the NI- 21060214. Don't tell me that newest version is on G3 which is now down?  :-\

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »
Did the file KAGAIJ.DLG get overwritten, or did Kagain's dialog get reassigned in-game to a different file?
Believe it or not, it didn't get overwritten or reassigned just completely replaced with one file which consisted only of one short, pointless quarrel between Tsuki and Kagain.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
Believe it or not, it didn't get overwritten or reassigned just completely replaced with one file which consisted only of one short, pointless quarrel between Tsuki and Kagain.

That's weird.

The latest NearInfinity is on GitHub. https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »

That's weird.

The latest NearInfinity is on GitHub. https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases
Thank you. I downloaded it and managed to extract it in .d file. Unfortunately I can't upload it because of error with sign limit. I'm not allowed to send attachments. Here is at the least file which replaces Kagain's creature dialog:
// creator  : E:\The original saga\Baldur's Gate\NearInfinity.jar (v2.1-20180205)
// game     : E:\The original saga\Baldur's Gate
// resource : Z!16AV_I.dlg
// source   : Override\Z!16AV_I.dlg
// dialog   : dialog.tlk
// dialogF  : (none)

BEGIN ~Z!16AV_I~

IF ~  Global("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #47142 /* ~Tsuki! Go out there and show yourself to the enemy!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",4)
~ EXTERN ~AVAL01J~ 182
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #47144 /* ~Cause you go out there and we'd be 'mooning' the enemy.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~AVAL01J~ 183
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #47146 /* ~If the shoe fits...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~  Global("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",3)
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #47147 /* ~I've been thinking, that last battle didn't go so well.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",4)
~ EXTERN ~AVAL01J~ 184
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
  SAY #47149 /* ~For starters, send you out front.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~AVAL01J~ 185
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
  SAY #47151 /* ~No~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 6
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from: 5.0
  SAY #47152 /* ~Send you out there and we'd be mooning the enemy.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~AVAL01J~ 186
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from:
  SAY #47146 /* ~If the shoe fits...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:06:17 PM by Greenhorn »

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
The name of the dialog file was the key. I was able to search on that and I found the problem! The authors of MotSC are using the StartDialog() command. For example, see the actions in the following script block from AVAL01.BCS:

Code: [Select]
IF
Global("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",1)
See([ENEMY])
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
See("Kagain")  // Kagain
InParty("Kagain")  // Kagain
Range("Kagain",10)  // Kagain
!StateCheck("Kagain",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)  // Kagain
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Z!Aval_TsukiName","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobalTimer("PartyBanterPause","GLOBAL",600)
ActionOverride("Kagain",StartDialog("Z!16AV_I","Aval01"))  // Tsuki
END

The problem is that StartDialog() changes the actor's dialog file (https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/scripting/actions/bg1actions.htm). So, this script block will permanently set Kagain's dialog file to Z!16AV_I.DLG.

137 StartDialog(S:DialogFile*,O:Target*)
This action instructs the active creature to start the specified dialog with the specified target. The dialog can be initiated from a distance and must have at least one state with all its top level conditions true else it will not initiate. The active creature has its dialog file permanently set to the file specified by the DialogFile parameter.

I assume the author of MotSC thinks StartDialog() functions like StartDialogOverride(), which does not change the creature's dialog file. Unfortunately, StartDialogOverride() is not available for BG1, so you can't just change the StartDialog() commands to StartDialogOverride() and have it work in BG1 (that would work in Tutu/BGT/BGEE). To maintain BG1 compatibility, the author of MotSC will need to rewrite these dialogs.

At this point, you need to bring this to the attention of the MotSC author(s). They need to fix the StartDialog() problem.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 01:55:23 AM »
I didn't know that. Good to know!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:02:15 AM by jastey »

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 03:56:31 AM »
Ugh, for the love of Baldur's gate, why I can't just one time have stable and bug free enjoyable playing experience?  ;D :-\ Searching for and signing on non English forum hardly seems an appealing idea but I will see what I can do. Thank you very much both of you for your help and assistance.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »
Greenhorn, if you like I can redirect this conversation to a Children of Bhaal forum, which the author of MotSC visits from time to time. There is a dedicated subforum for this mod which Zed Nocear checks from time to time for bug reports.
Edit: and done: http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?p=128573#128573
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:22:45 AM by Cahir »

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 04:33:03 AM »
Greenhorn, if you like I can redirect this conversation to a Children of Bhaal forum, which the author of MotSC visits from time to time. There is a dedicated subforum for this mod which Zed Nocear checks from time to time for bug reports.
Edit: and done: http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?p=128573#128573
Thank you very much Cahir.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:34:15 AM by Greenhorn »

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
Well, I'm aware that this is not the place to post this but TWM turns out to be somewhat of disappointment. Putting 3 skeleton warriors, 2 skeleton warrior archers and shade spider on doorstep of Thalantyr's abode ( and cursing and poisoning Ann'Ammorth, but OK, that is at least plot devised )
when you exit from there is... ridiculous to choose the word carefully, and putting that in core components even more so. I don't know how I survived the encounter but JahKhal duo was dead after one round. Hope that the author/s will see this and concede that  putting such surprises on the very doorstep of FAI ( unrealistic to say the least )  and High hedge are not "challenging" and "cool novelty"  but serious flaw in mod design.

Offline Zed Nocear

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »
I assume the author of MotSC thinks StartDialog() functions like StartDialogOverride(), which does not change the creature's dialog file. Unfortunately, StartDialogOverride() is not available for BG1, so you can't just change the StartDialog() commands to StartDialogOverride() and have it work in BG1 (that would work in Tutu/BGT/BGEE). To maintain BG1 compatibility, the author of MotSC will need to rewrite these dialogs.
It was exactly as AstroBryGuy wrote. At least I know now, what is wrong and can correct that.

Well, I'm aware that this is not the place to post this but TWM turns out to be somewhat of disappointment. Putting 3 skeleton warriors, 2 skeleton warrior archers and shade spider on doorstep of Thalantyr's abode ( and cursing and poisoning Ann'Ammorth, but OK, that is at least plot devised )
when you exit from there is... ridiculous to choose the word carefully, and putting that in core components even more so. I don't know how I survived the encounter but JahKhal duo was dead after one round. Hope that the author/s will see this and concede that  putting such surprises on the very doorstep of FAI ( unrealistic to say the least )  and High hedge are not "challenging" and "cool novelty"  but serious flaw in mod design.
I apologize for the disappointment but this is very rare bug, which I can't reproduce and have no idea how to correct. Danger night creatures should be spawned intended in wilderness ONLY.

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »
Well, High hedge is in the middle of the nowhere. But five skeleton warriors on 3-4 level party on the doorstep of the building in which you cannot rest is pure overkill. I found couple of more things, I uninstalled BG1 quest fixes component because Reevor didn't recognized that I killed those fearsome beasts. On second attempt without it everything gone smoothly. Also component " experience from learning arcane spells " only gives xp for MEMORIZED new spells aka when you learn new spell you must memorize it to get experience from it. Important detail which was omitted from component description. Ann'Ammorth desperately want something to tell me, he often tries to initiate dialogue without result. His current dialogue is AMORTHJ. Now I really must to stop writing about your mode in this forum, I don't want to offend and appear ungrateful after all help and assistance. Best of luck on correcting of the mistakes and perfecting this very interesting mod.
P.S. I'm sincerely assure you that I am no Valghern.  :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 09:17:33 AM »
/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\
///// Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi                     \\\\\

BEGIN @18
FORBID_FILE ~backup_NTotSC/dialog.tlk~ @90003

There is no Shilo Chen encounter in NTotSC. There are traces in the files, but it's not implemented, so the FORBID_FILE should be removed. EDIT: I wrote this with only the BGT/BG:EE/EET version in mind, so please ignore.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:12:42 AM by jastey »

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »
///// Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi                     \\\\\

BEGIN @18
FORBID_FILE ~backup_NTotSC/dialog.tlk~ @90003

There is no Shilo Chen encounter in NTotSC. There are traces in the files, but it's not implemented, so the FORBID_FILE should be removed.
Are you sure of this Jastey? I encountered Shilo Chens twins numerous times, UB variant in some tavern or the other in Baldur's gate and his female counterpart from NTotSC before the bridge that leads in BG. Maybe something was changed in newer versions of NTotSC ( dependent of platform maybe)?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 03:08:59 AM »
Ah, I apologize. It is well possible it's included into a BG1-version of NTotSC. I forgot my revised version is only BGT/BG:EE/EET compatible. In this version, the Shilo Chen encounter is not integrated.

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 04:13:21 AM »
Ah, I apologize. It is well possible it's included into a BG1-version of NTotSC. I forgot my revised version is only BGT/BG:EE/EET compatible. In this version, the Shilo Chen encounter is not integrated.
Good to know, thank you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:14:06 AM by Greenhorn »

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 08:06:46 AM »
I previously had a report that the old dump-everything-in-the-override version of NTotSC did have a Shilo Chen. It used the original SHILOC.CRE, so I couldn't do a check on the CRE file. I had to use the NTotSC backup of dialog.tlk.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29323.msg336608.html#msg336608

I'd go back and re-test, but the download link reports malware by Chrome.  :pirate

Does the current version of NTotSC still create ~backup_NTotSC/dialog.tlk~?  If not, then current versions of NTotSC shouldn't be affected.

Offline Greenhorn

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »
I previously had a report that the old dump-everything-in-the-override version of NTotSC did have a Shilo Chen. It used the original SHILOC.CRE, so I couldn't do a check on the CRE file. I had to use the NTotSC backup of dialog.tlk.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29323.msg336608.html#msg336608

I'd go back and re-test, but the download link reports malware by Chrome.  :pirate

Does the current version of NTotSC still create ~backup_NTotSC/dialog.tlk~?  If not, then current versions of NTotSC shouldn't be affected.
Yes, I can confirm that since it was me who send report, as a guest and under different moniker.  :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: