Author Topic: Using REQUIRE_FILE for components: doesn't lead to automatic deinstall  (Read 926 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
If I have a mod with several components and the first is a required component for the other ones, tagging the optional components with REQUIRE_FILE with a file that is installed with the main component doesn't lead to an automated deinstall of the optional components. i.e. if the main component gets deinstalled, the optional components will all be reinstalled. I can even install subcomponents I didn't install before, giving a weidu.log without the main component but the chosen subcomponents.

If I use the restriction REQUIRE_COMPONENT with the main component however, all subcomponents get removed accordingly.

I guess it's something due to how the removing of files is done while processing an install/deinstall run?

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
I can't reproduce with the info you have provided.

This behaves as expected:
Code: [Select]
BEGIN test

COPY_EXISTING sw1h01.itm "override/flfile.itm"

BEGIN test2
SUBCOMPONENT foo

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/flfile.itm~ "flub"

BEGIN test3
SUBCOMPONENT foo

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/flfile.itm~ ~flab~
Uninstalling the first component blocks reinstallion of the requiring components.

Can you point to a TP2 with which you are experiencing this problem?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Weird. I can't reproduce it, either, at least not with a quick test tp2 that (so I thought) has the same structure as bg1npc v22.8a.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: