Author Topic: [solved]BGT: question to "Edwin state 0" as defined as in the "fluidstates.tpa"  (Read 3367 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
It helps if I look properly. "BGTEDWINState0" is indeed 74, the "106" is from BGTBEDWINState0. Cool!

In bg1npc's g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa, too, I find:

//BGT Dialogues always appended
      OUTER_SET BGTBEDWINState0 = 106

I understand why we need this, because the meeting dialogue for Edwin is "Edwin.dlg" for both BG1 and BGII, so the BG1 greetings dialogue is appended to the BGII ones. Only problem is, in my edwin.dlg, the first greeting dialogue (~I am the wizard Edwin and I require you! (Yes, they will do nicely.) (...)~) has the state number 74.

Does anyone know when and how the state number "106" was determined for the definition of the BGTBEDWINState0 and what I am supposed to do now, maybe it is outdated but nobody noticed because it wasn't used and I can assume it would be 74 for other BGT games, as well?

I need to I_C_T into Edwin's greeting dialogue but if I use STATE_WHICH_SAYS I need to know which language version of the game the player is using, or the install will fail.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:53:07 AM by jastey »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: