Author Topic: [Feature Request]Automatic change command window codepage  (Read 1047 times)

Offline c4_angel

• Planewalker
I'm a windows user with Chinese language(other non-latin language are the same I guess), Here is my issue:

Many mods put  both strings in command window and in-game strings together in one .tra file, e.g. setup.tra. After the first component installed in EE games, the .tra file was transferred to UTF-8 and reloaded, so all the strings in command window after that, like component names, will all become unreadable messy codes.
I think if WeiDU could automatically check the system codepage and change into UTF-8(65001) if needed,  like command chcp in windows?

Thank you.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: [Feature Request]Automatic change command window codepage
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
I don't think WeiDU can tell if it's hooked up to Windows' command prompt or something else, and even if I could determine that stdout was the command prompt, WeiDU needs to remain backwards-compatible with non-EE games, which do not use UTF-8.  Additionally, WeiDU is in the process of largely migrating away from interacting with the console, in favour of graphical front-ends, like BWS or Zeitgeist.

Fundamentally, this is a mod bug, because the mod is converting text that should not be converted.

Offline c4_angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:02:28 AM »
Yes, it's what should mod's work, but most modders are using latin-language system like English and no need to concern that.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 07:55:04 AM »
Yeah, it's a sad situation, but ultimately there's little I can do on the WeiDU end to fix it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: