BG2 Completed Mods > Unfinished Business

Banter restorations

(1/6) > >>

CamDawg:
During EE development, a number of cut banters were found. I'm way, way behind on UB (or ARP) development so I have no idea if these have already been found and enabled already.

Aerie and Jan banter about Jan's great-grandfather slaying a dragon:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BAERIE 44 ~InParty("Jan") See("Jan") !StateCheck("Jan",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDAerieJanBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BAERIE BEGIN 44 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDAerieJanBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Aerie and Minsc talk about the forest:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BAERIE 76 ~InParty("Minsc") See("Minsc") !StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDAerieMinscBanter","LOCALS",0) AreaType(FOREST)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BAERIE BEGIN 76 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDAerieMinscBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Haer'Dalis and Mazzy have a brief aside--very brief, two lines--about her ferocity.

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BHAERDA 2 ~InParty("Mazzy") See("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDHaerdalisMazzyBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BHAERDA BEGIN 2 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDHaerdalisMazzyBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Valygar and Korgan discuss dwarves:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BVALYGA 65 ~InParty("Korgan") See("Korgan") !StateCheck("Korgan",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDValygarKorganBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BVALYGA BEGIN 65 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDValygarKorganBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Viconia packs four taunts in two lines with Mazzy:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BVICONI 7 ~InParty("Mazzy") See("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDViconiaMazzyBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BVICONI BEGIN 7 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDViconiaMazzyBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Viconia doesn't trust Yoshimo:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BVICONI 8 ~InParty("Yoshimo") See("Yoshimo") !StateCheck("Yoshimo",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDViconiaYoshimoBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BVICONI BEGIN 8 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDViconiaYoshimoBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---
Viconia and Jan briefly exchange barbs:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BVICONI 24 ~InParty("Jan") See("Jan") !StateCheck("Jan",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDViconiaJanBanter","LOCALS",0)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BVICONI BEGIN 24 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDViconiaJanBanter","LOCALS",1)~
--- End code ---

Yoshimo praises Boo's battle prowess:

--- Code: ---REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER BYOSHIM 71 ~InParty("Minsc") See("Minsc") HPLT("Minsc",20) !StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING) CombatCounter(0) Global("BYoshimo13","LOCALS",1)~ // triggers present, but commented out and false'd
--- End code ---

This one also requires some yoshimo.bcs touchups:

--- Code: ---IF
  InParty(Myself)
  !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_SLEEPING)
  InParty("Minsc")
  See("Minsc")
  HPLT("Minsc",20)
  !StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)
  CombatCounter(0)
  Global("BYoshimo13","LOCALS",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("BYoshimo13","LOCALS",1)
    Interact("Minsc")
END
--- End code ---

A couple of NPCs have banters if one dies and was resurrected, so these also require a little scripting. Boo--certainly not Minsc!--was scared about losing Mazzy, and Yoshimo is happy to see Aerie's return:

--- Code: ---ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BMINSC 30 ~InParty("Mazzy") See("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",2)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BMINSC BEGIN 30 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",3)~

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BYOSHIM 0 ~InParty("Aerie") See("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",STATE_SLEEPING) Global("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",2)~
ADD_TRANS_ACTION BYOSHIM BEGIN 0 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",3)~
--- End code ---

Also requires some minsc.bcs scripting:

--- Code: ---// restored minsc-mazzy banter
IF
  InParty(Myself)
  InParty("Mazzy")
  Dead("Mazzy")
  Global("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
  InParty(Myself)
  InParty("Mazzy")
  See("Mazzy")
  !StateCheck("Mazzy",STATE_SLEEPING)
  !Dead("Mazzy")
  Global("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CDMinscMazzyBanter","LOCALS",2)
    Interact("Mazzy")
END
--- End code ---

...and some yoshimo.bcs scripting:

--- Code: ---IF
  InParty(Myself)
  InParty("Aerie")
  Dead("Aerie")
  Global("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
  InParty(Myself)
  InParty("Aerie")
  See("Aerie")
  !StateCheck("Aerie",STATE_SLEEPING)
  !Dead("Aerie")
  Global("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CDYoshimoAerieBanter","LOCALS",2)
    Interact("Aerie")
END
--- End code ---

Angel:
Mm, interesting.  I took up maintaining UB as much as I can with the blessing of Kulyok.  The current v26 with modernized coding was done by me, and I am working on v27 that has native EET support (thanks to the BWP people) and a few other things (mainly two cut items that I found, Irenicus' third journal and the golem brain).

I'll certainly take a look at these, they look neat and since you already did most of the coding they should be a snap to include.  At the moment I am rather busy with one of my own projects, but I should have some time to check this out in a few days.

This is my current (untested!) alpha version for v27: http://www.pearlgates.net/modding/UnfinishedBusiness-v27alpha.zip

Angel:
Well, I went through the UB code today, and I checked the dialog files of my current BGT installation.  It doesn't look like these dialogs are currently restored by UB, ARP or any of the banter packs, as I have installed all of those and several other mods, and these banters still lack any proper triggers.

I probably can use this to create a new component for UB that will restore them.  I have a convention this weekend so I likely won't be able to start before next week though.

CamDawg:
Sweet!

Angel:
Well, this actually turned out to be so easy to implement that I -uh- did it already.  Thanks to your work, this was a cinch. :-)

I did replace the STATE_SLEEPING in the various dialog checks with CD_STATE_NOTVALID defined in the mod, but everything else was copy-paste.  All I had to do was add a new component to the setup file, update the readme, and nudge a few things here and there.

The alpha on my site (link above) has been updated with this.  Like everything else in the alpha, this is completely untested!

One thing though, are these banters still dummied out in BG2EE, or should I make this component for old BG2 only?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version