Author Topic: weidu next generation - remove installation-blocking features - already exist  (Read 859 times)

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
First thing which comes to my mind (there might be others) is AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~VIEW ModName/readme.txt~ - it will block further installation until somebody will close Notepad/Editor. Please get rid of it to make sure that 'not optimal coding'  ;)  can't mess with installation process. I'm also questioning weidu ability to run external process but that's other story.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:34:09 AM by AL|EN »
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
--skip-at-view, --no-exit-pause. If it does not widely make mod installations crash and burn (like disabling inferior processes would), I can add options for other things, as well.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
Maybe it's better idea to have AT_* ~VIEW something~ to not wait for external process to exit? The "--skip-at-view" might be still need to stop opening webpages/redme every time when mod/component will be reinstalled.
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
It'd be a fair bit of work uncoupling AT_* VIEW from the other AT_* (which must run synchronously), for what I perceive to be very little gain. With the introduction of README long ago, AT_* VIEW  is effectively deprecated.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: