Author Topic: BG1UB v14.1 - Post bugs/issues here!  (Read 7048 times)

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
BG1UB v14.1 - Post bugs/issues here!
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »
v14.1 is released!

Available for download here: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases

Changes in this release
  • BUGFIX: Fixed bug on Tutu with Unshey's restored dialog
  • Updated Italian Translation - thanks @Aedan!
  • Svlast, the Fallen Paladin: Made Svlast's items unidentified
  • Updating BGT_VAR for EET Support

Post bugs in this thread!

Note for Steam/GOG users with SoD installed: Before installing BG1UB or any other mods, you will need to use the ModMerge utility to make your game moddable.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1UB v14.1 - Post bugs/issues here!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:23:29 AM »
Stickied this. Thank you for your work on this!

Offline RobinHood70

• Planewalker
  • Still trying to find my band of merry men.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:38 AM »
After installing 14.1, the game simply fails to load. It's the Steam version of BGEE, if that makes a difference. Looking at it in Task Manager, the exe launches with no visible interface, sits there for maybe 20 seconds, then closes. I've tried the install both with and without modmerge (which seems to do nothing on a fresh install anyway).

Debug file is here: https://pastebin.com/0bFJTKWX

ModMerge worked as expected today, after which, 14.1 also worked as expected. Not 100% sure what went wrong, but I think I might've accidentally run ModMerge from the download location last night rather than the BG folder, which would certainly explain why it did nothing. <shrug>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:36:52 PM by RobinHood70 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
I noticed that the tp2 does not consider whether "Svlast, the Fallen Paladin" was restored by NTotSC. This would be "ntsvlast.cre" for detection.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:57 AM »
bg1ub patches ~%tutu_var%NOBW4.cre~ with the DV "Noblewoman4". But in BG:EE, the cre file already has the DV "Noblewom" attached wich is used in the corresponding dialogue of the noble man "NOBL4.dlg".
This is also the DV used in BGT's NOBL4.dlg.

EDIT: in Tutu, the DV "Nonlewoman4" is used in _NOBL4.dlg. Whereas the cre _NOBW4.cre has the DV "Noblewom" assigned... EDIT: Same for NOBL4.dlg and NOBW4.cre in totsc.

The thing is that I don't see where this DV is needed in bg1ub, other than to fix the reference in NOBL4.dlg for BGT.
For Tutu, the patching should also be changed to "Noblewom" (or skipped) and the dialogue _NOBL4.dlg should be fixed to refer to her, instead of patching another DV. EDIT: Same for NOBL4.dlg in totsc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:09:24 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:50:47 AM »
Also, I see a lot of DVs are patched with

Code: [Select]
#18 // dv = 18 bytes
I think it should be #32?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »
bg1ub patches the BG1 Shank with the DV "Shank". That one is already assigned to the Shank from BGII, though. So, for this we need a BG1/BGII distiction, and I would suggest using the cre file name:

In tp2 change this
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scriptbg%SHANK.CRE~ ~override~ // Shank (Candlekeep, Tutorial)
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d4) BEGIN
    WRITE_ASCIIE 0x280 ~Shank~ #18 // dv = 18 bytes
  END
BUT_ONLY
to this
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scriptbg%SHANK.CRE~ ~override~ // Shank (Candlekeep, Tutorial)
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d4) BEGIN
    WRITE_ASCIIE 0x280 ~%tutu_scriptbg%Shank~ #32
  END
BUT_ONLY
EDIT: I just noticed that the BGT BGShank.cre has "Shank" assigned, too. So, I guess we don't have to bother - it seems to work.. So, this patching can stay and is probably needed for totsc, only.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:08:15 AM by jastey »

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:29 PM »
I noticed that the tp2 does not consider whether "Svlast, the Fallen Paladin" was restored by NTotSC. This would be "ntsvlast.cre" for detection.

Will add that to the check!

bg1ub patches ~%tutu_var%NOBW4.cre~ with the DV "Noblewoman4". But in BG:EE, the cre file already has the DV "Noblewom" attached wich is used in the corresponding dialogue of the noble man "NOBL4.dlg".
This is also the DV used in BGT's NOBL4.dlg.

EDIT: in Tutu, the DV "Nonlewoman4" is used in _NOBL4.dlg. Whereas the cre _NOBW4.cre has the DV "Noblewom" assigned... EDIT: Same for NOBL4.dlg and NOBW4.cre in totsc.

The thing is that I don't see where this DV is needed in bg1ub, other than to fix the reference in NOBL4.dlg for BGT.
For Tutu, the patching should also be changed to "Noblewom" (or skipped) and the dialogue _NOBL4.dlg should be fixed to refer to her, instead of patching another DV. EDIT: Same for NOBL4.dlg in totsc.

Commenting that DV out.

Also, I see a lot of DVs are patched with

#18 // dv = 18 bytes
I think it should be #32?

Will do!

EDIT: The 18 apparently comes from the limitation that you need room for SPRITE_IS_DEAD before the DV. I'll still make the write do 32 bytes, since it shouldn't harm anything.

Reference: http://www.pocketplane.net/tutorials/simscript.html

"death variable (theoretically up to 32 characters, but in practice, should not be over 18, to allow for 'sprite_is_dead')"

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »
Ah, I see. But 32 is still the space it will have in the cre file, so patching the .cre with #32 should be the thing to do - I think.

Eric

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »
Ok, so my apologies but I'm a complete novice at installing mods and have no idea if I've done something incorrectly.  I followed the instructions in the Read Me file, extracted the files and then copy pasted the the two files into the game file.  When I went I ran the installer the window popped up said that there was  "failure" and that I needed to run it in something called an infinity engine?  Anyway, I clicked "Enter" to close, another window popped up asking me if I wanted to run using the "compatability" option so clicked yes...and nothing happened.  No idea how to find this debug file you request but if you tell me how I will.

I'm installing on an older PC with Windows 10 installed.  BGEE

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 10:52:34 PM »
Hello Eric,

It sounds like you're not in the right directory. You need to install the mods in the directory that contains the CHITIN.KEY file for your game. Where this file is stored depends on which store you purchased the game from, e.g., Beamdog's store, GOG, or Steam.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: