Author Topic: starting a new game  (Read 3460 times)

Offline blinky501

• Planewalker
starting a new game
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
hi all i am starting up a new game of soa and tob. i got a new computer for christmas and i got that itch so i installed the game using the cds i have had and for some reason the game is really slow and choppy. i have civilzation vi and sword coast legends installed and they run fine so i am not really sure why bg is so slow. i seem to recall that maybe you should use an older version of direct x instead of the current verion when i last installed the game probably 4 years ago. does this sound familiar to anybody? i am just dumb?

ps if this is in the wrong place than i am sorry for that

thanks

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Re: starting a new game
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:54:51 AM »
Have you biffed the game ? And done the easy things to solve the so called lag ?
If you don't know what those are, well I'll just point you to an ancient post of mine in another forum. 
After those are done... well the biffing is really likely (point 12) the only thing you need to do in the nonEE game, the newer game engine doesn't really need that... for whatever reason.
The others are just for megamod users ...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: