Author Topic: Virtue for BGT  (Read 19865 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Virtue for BGT
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
Hello!

I tried to make Virtue compatible with Baldur's Game Trilogy. I realize there might be bugs and that my coding skills are subpar but I did my best with the little knowledge and help I had.

If there is any interest in it other than my own, I have a Beta Alpha version available.

I have done some minimal testing but that was it.

I also realize that BGT is by today's standard an old gaming platform and that most would rather play the EE version (EET) and with all good reasons. Still, I have worked with what I have and this is the result.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:33:07 AM by Salk »

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
Re: Virtue for BGT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
Quoting mylelf from http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29344.msg336672.html#msg336672

I've played Virtue back then when BG2 comes out and I love it.

Definitely interested to include you version of Virtue in BWS for BGT and in the future also for BG2EE/EET. This way you will get a lot of feedback. You could also try to use EET mod converter to preform part of the conversion automatically.

Thanks for bringing this mod to live.
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »
AL|EN,

of course I would have nothing against it being part of BWS but I don't really think it should at this stage. It is still incomplete (It does not account for non-Bioware joinable NPCs and there is no language update) and untested. Plus, it brings no real benefit for non-BGT players (other than a few bug fixes).

K4thos mentioned to me his intention of creating a similar, more comprehensive mod (EE only) sometimes in the future.

Said that, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R_VPODFrgwDbd6TjM0YvcX3hLs-aSnIm/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 01:42:00 PM by Salk »

Nox

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:54:42 PM »
Would be great to have a BGT version someday. Did not try the Alpha, but as it is, i still have many problems just to have a working install

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: