Author Topic: Virtue for BGT  (Read 191 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Virtue for BGT
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
Hello!

I tried to make Virtue compatible with Baldur's Game Trilogy. I realize there might be bugs and that my coding skills are subpar but I did my best with the little knowledge and help I had.

If there is any interest in it other than my own, I have a Beta version available.

I have done some minimal testing but it's not been a thorough one.

I also realize that BGT is by today's standard an old gaming platform and that most would rather play the EE version (EET) and with all good reasons. Still, I have worked with what I have and this is the result.

Cheers!

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
Re: Virtue for BGT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
Quoting mylelf from http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29344.msg336672.html#msg336672

I've played Virtue back then when BG2 comes out and I love it.

Definitely interested to include you version of Virtue in BWS for BGT and in the future also for BG2EE/EET. This way you will get a lot of feedback. You could also try to use EET mod converter to preform part of the conversion automatically.

Thanks for bringing this mod to live.
If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Virtue for BGT
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »
AL|EN,

of course I would have nothing against it being part of BWS but I don't really think it should at this stage. It is still incomplete (It does not account for non-Bioware joinable NPCs and there is no language update) and untested. Plus, it brings no real benefit for non-BGT players (other than a few bug fixes).

K4thos mentioned to me his intention of creating a similar, more comprehensive mod (EE only) sometimes in the future.

Said that, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_1X7K5KtOcSXMxeFlUR1VLTEU/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:35:41 AM by Salk »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: