Author Topic: ignati.dlg  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
ignati.dlg
« on: February 06, 2017, 07:09:57 AM »
Working on something completely unrelated, I have the chance of checking a number of .dlg files (BG1) and met much unused material more or less worthy of restoration.

This one seems to be pretty good. There should be someone that would sell you forgeries to gain access to the Ducal Palace. The idea would be to let the player pay for it but still be unable to enter due to the careful scrutiny of the Flaming Fist guard at the entrance.

Consequences to the attempt might be something funny like taking the whole party to prison for one day (it would be enough to make a short cutscene using the Flaming Fist HQ cell)  :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: ignati.dlg
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »
Interesting. It's the real invitation he is giving in the ignati.dlg, though (misc78). I forgot how the player is supposed to achieve the invitation in the game, so maybe they cut Ignatio out because they needed the player to encounter / find something else.

The idea with the fake inviations not working is cool but maybe goes a bit too far concerning ub in general, although there might be other restorations that include added content.

Offline Almateria

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 03:27:58 AM »
I feel like in general adding stuff like the forged invitations not working, and especially stuff like the prison trip is way past the scope of any proper restoration mod. Like, maybe if this was BG2UB, but in general I feel like BG1UB is way closer to the intended material as far as restoring content goes, and it'd be cool to keep it that way and not wesp the hell out of it.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:55:28 PM »
Yes, this suggestion has too much non original content to be called a "proper" restoration.

I just thought that the idea of the forged invitations was cooler than simpler Fedex missions and that had an overarching meaning which, again, is missing from many other existing quests.

I would mostly care about UB restoring stuff that Bioware has apparently cut from the original game when they released the TotSC expansion (http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,18100.msg244692.html#msg244692).

Roana was very good at finding wrong/broken things in the game but unfortunately never really released anything officially and nobody bothered to use her material.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: