Author Topic: UB v27 alpha version: EET fixes and a new restored item  (Read 316 times)

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
UB v27 alpha version: EET fixes and a new restored item
« on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »
I'm working on a new version of UB (v27) whose main feature will be compatibility with EET, by adding in the fixes for the Big World Project.  Unfortunately I do not have EET myself so I can only do very limited testing.

If you want to give it a spin, you can grab my current alpha version here: http://www.pearlgates.net/modding/UnfinishedBusiness-v27alpha.zip
But it is very much untested, so it might set your PC on fire or something.  Use at your own risk. :-)

Also please note, this is not an official download location.  Don't use it for anything other than testing.  I'll ask Kulyok to put a copy here on PPG as well.

Apart from the EET fixes, I added one new thing I grabbed from one of my personal meddlings: The Restored Items component will now restore misc9k, the Third journal of Irenicus.  It is found with the other two journals in Spellhold.  I'm neither a professional writer nor a very good role-player, so I hope my scribblings did our favorite mad wizard justice.  If you think you can do better than me, please feel free to let me know. ^^

Also, if any translators are paying attention, note that this adds a new string to be translated.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
Re: UB v27 alpha version: EET fixes and a new restored item
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:49:15 AM »
Angel it would be great if you coudl also give a shout of this in EET subforum at G3. I don't know how often K4thos visits PPG forums. 

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:51:41 AM »
Sure, I'll do that.  But feel free to make notes about this yourself anywhere you feel it is appropriate.  Not like this is a secret project or something.  Far on the contrary, I actually feel very honored to be working on one of the oldest mods out there.  Although it does leave me with a lot of ancient code to revise. ^^

Offline K4thos

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »
from what I see everything from BWF regarding EET compatibility has been implemented (including recent Minsc changes) and the mod installs just fine on both BG2:EE and EET, so everything looks fine. I will request agb1 to use this build in BWS for EET so that more people could test it. Thanks for the effort!

edit: @1312 string in Polish translation of Item Restorations component seems to be missing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:17:32 AM by K4thos »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »
edit: @1312 string in Polish translation of Item Restorations component seems to be missing.

I know, that's the new string for the restored item I added.  I do not speak Polish.  It's missing in all other translations as well.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:23:38 PM by Angel »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 01:18:48 AM »
Angel,

it seems to me that this block you added:

Code: [Select]
  APPEND ~ACTION.IDS~
   ~31 SpellRES(S:RES*,O:Target*)
    95 SpellPointRES(S:RES*,P:Target*)
    113 ForceSpellRES(S:RES*,O:Target)
    114 ForceSpellPointRES(S:RES*,P:Target)
    160 ApplySpellRES(S:RES*,O:Target)
    181 ReallyForceSpellRES(S:RES*,O:Target)
    191 SpellNoDecRES(S:RES*,O:Target*)
    192 SpellPointNoDecRES(S:RES*,P:Target*)
    240 ReallyForceSpellDeadRES(S:RES*,O:Target)
    318 ForceSpellRangeRES(S:RES*,O:Target)
    319 ForceSpellPointRangeRES(S:RES*,P:Target)
    337 ReallyForceSpellPointRES(S:RES*,P:Target*)
    338 SetCutSceneLite(I:BOOL*BOOLEAN)~
  UNLESS ~SpellRES(S:RES*,O:Target*)~
  UNLESS ~25POST~

is spamming the ACTION.IDS file with several copies of itself.

I suspect it is appended once for each component of UB the user installs.

Thanks!

PS By the way, what does UNLESS ~25POST~ do?  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:44:36 AM by Salk »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 03:02:38 AM »
That piece of code wasn't written by me and I'm not entirely sure what it is supposed to do.  Add missing action IDs to a non-ToB install of BG2, I suspect.  I merely moved it to the ALWAYS block instead of having a copy of it at the start of every component.  Code efficiency, you know. :-)

Anyway, it seems the UNLESS clause is in error.  Whomever wrote it did not take into account that the UNLESS clause expects a regexp and thus gives a special meaning to the asterisks.  I'll see if I can whip up a fix for that, after I read up a little on IEDSP about what action.ids does.  Thanks for reporting!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 03:26:00 AM »
Yes, I read about it too.

The problem is that the "*" needs to be escaped or WeiDU won't find the line.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:00:16 AM by Salk »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 04:15:28 AM »
Funny, we came to practically the same solution. Although yours applies backslashes to a couple of wrong places. :-)

Zip file for the alpha on my site has been updated with this fix.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 04:26:48 AM »
Funny, we came to practically the same solution. Although yours applies backslashes to a couple of wrong places. :-)

:D

Yes, I pulled it out of there after realizing it was just a mess... :)

Let me take the opportunity to ask you something:

1) Version 26 was over 1 Mb bigger than 27 - how did that happen? :)

2) I suppose you have not found anything about the UNLESS ~25POST~? (I see it is no longer there in your latest upload)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:31:42 AM by Salk »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 04:40:20 AM »
1) Version 26 was over 1 Mb bigger than 27 - how did that happen? :)

I left the __MACOSX directory out as it doesn't seem to do anything.  There are no references to it in the setup file and no other mod I have installed has anything like it.  I figured that if it was needed for anything, Mac users would start yelling at me, but so far that hasn't happened. :-)

2) I suppose you have not found anything about the UNLESS ~25POST~? (I see it is no longer there in your latest upload)

Nope, there's nothing about it on IEDSP, and it doesn't show up in any version of the game I have.  And since I went with the individual check for each line I figured it won't be needed.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:47:17 AM by Angel »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: