Author Topic: Selectively allowing saving throws?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
Selectively allowing saving throws?
« on: September 16, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »
I want to create an item, Oil of Dispelling, that works as follows:
- When used on an ally, it will dispel all dispel-able effects with 100% accuracy.
- When used on an enemy it allows a save versus wands at +4 to avoid the dispelling.

The idea here is that an ally would allow the potion to be used on  them, but an enemy (including a charmed/dominated ally) would try to avoid it.

I'm a little in the dark about how identifiers in ea.ids work, though.  If I use opcode 177 (Use EFF File) with parameter2 = 2 (ea.ids), then parameter1 =  30 (goodcutoff) for allies, and parameter1 =  31 (notgood) for non-allies, would that do what I want?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
Re: Selectively allowing saving throws?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:21:30 AM »
That sounds good. Two 177 effects, one that targets allies with no save, and another that targets enemies and allows a save.  Both could utilize the same .EFF file that performs the dispelling.

I think GOODCUTOFF / NOTGOOD would be an okay place to draw the line between the groups.  If you want to leave neutral characters out of it altogether you could use EVILCUTOFF instead of NOTGOOD, but I'm not sure that makes as much sense (unless your item causes them to become hostile).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: