Author Topic: Can't install IWDification 1.3 Beta with BG:EE/SoD  (Read 2175 times)

Offline redmage123

• Planewalker
Can't install IWDification 1.3 Beta with BG:EE/SoD
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:40:47 AM »
Hi all,

Someone suggested that i post this on the Weidu forum here at the pocketplane group.  I'm having some serious troubles installing a number of mods on BG:EE/SoD.  i'm using a Steam version of the game. 

The BWS installation won't work anymore.  It just gives an error that Beamdog broke modding and suggests that I e-mail beamdog support. 
I then tried installing some of the mods manually, including IWDification 1.3.  This gives the following error...

ERROR:  illegal 2-byte read from offset 420096309 of 135182-byte file BDPWEAPN.SPL
ERROR: [BDWEAPN.SPL -> [override/BDWEAPN.SPL] Patching Failed <COPY> <FAILURE<"BDWEAPN.SPL: read out of bounds">>

Similarly, when I try and install Sword Coast Strategems, I get the following error:

ERROR: Failure <"CORWYVRN.CRE: read out of bounds">

Is this a Weidu issue?  If not, can someone point me to a solution elsewhere?

Thanks,

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Re: Can't install IWDification 1.3 Beta with BG:EE/SoD
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:30:02 AM »
ERROR:  illegal 2-byte read from offset 420096309 of 135182-byte file BDPWEAPN.SPL
Is this a Weidu issue?  If not, can someone point me to a solution elsewhere?
Nope, not really a weidu.exe error. Have you installed the modmerger tool ?
This problem comes from the file being wrongly indexed*, as you can read from this page, part of the internal structure of the file is controlled by offsets at 0x0064 to 0x0070 ... those are wrong in the file cause according to them, the file should be shorted while it's not. Aka the files structure is off by miles.
The fix is to not install a mod that breaks the file. Or a patch that makes this happen.
As having the file in a .zip can shorten the file, * or change it's internal figures as that's how you package the number to be a smaller one, via math.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: