Author Topic: Problem with LoveTalk before going to Spellhood.  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Anninblack

• Planewalker
Problem with LoveTalk before going to Spellhood.
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:10:54 AM »
Hello there,
First of all thank you for this mod because it's everything.
So, if any of you is still active here, maybe you can help me. I'm about to complete chapter 3. Aran Linvail has already talked to my PC about Spellhold. Of course, I don't want to go there before getting the "It is time..." lovetalk (whatever it is, I  know it exists and I want to get it). But, for some reason, it doesn't appear. Instead, I get a banter between Xan and Keldorn (something like "Keldorn, are you alright?"). I've tried resting everywhere, going to Umar Hills/Trademeet and back to Atkhatla, move around the city... nothing happens.
According to EE Keeper, the variable "xanlovetalk" is set to 31. The ctrl+i command, btw, does nothing but show some coded line in the console.

Anything I can do, be it via EE Keep or via CLUA console?

Thank you a lot in advance and sorry for bothering.  :P

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Problem with LoveTalk before going to Spellhood.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 02:39:43 AM »
Hi! Welcome to PPG, and thanks for the compliments!

It's pretty much me for the mod, and yeah, I'm kind ofactive, so let's see.

It's possible you've had this talk already, but if you really need it like right now to feel like you've checked all the boxes, so to speak, just use this in your console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("O#XanItIsTime","GLOBAL",2)

Good luck with the rest of the game!

Offline Anninblack

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
Aaand here it is. Thank you! I'm sorry for bringing this up in 2016 (this is very awkward for me, believe me xD) but I'm like 15 years late to this game and I want to make sure I get all the dialogues, since I kinda missed stuff in BG1, and if I open the TRA files I get a headache over the structure and a ton of unwanted spoilers. Now I see the "it is time" talk wasn't that crucial, but I wanted to make sure.

Now that I've already done the thing, and if you're up, there are a couple of things I can't find out, but it's just out of curiosity. :)

- I made the mistake of starting the "Mae'Var's treachery" quest when I meant to do the De'Arnisse keep one, so I left it unfinished halfway when I noticed. The thing is, now I need the amulet to complete the "Help Taira's Father" one, and I already stole it and gave it away, so the person who had it is in a state of everlasting sleep. Did I accidentally killed the Taira quest or is it a way to clean up the mess?

- Among the player-initiated dialogue options, I can't find the one that leads to offering Xan a drink before moving to spellhold. It's all weird because the LoveTalk variable should be at 15 or so, and somehow it's at 31? :/

Once again, thanks for the mod: you (and the creators of the one in BG1) turned a cute joke of a character into a complex, lovable mess. <3

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 02:56:46 AM »
Taira's father's quest is a different one. You can read the guide in the readme, but basically, if you want to talk to Weathermistress Ada, just come to the temple during the day, and she'll be awake. Choose several different hours, she'd be awake in one of them, that's for sure.

As for "get Xan drunk and possibly have sex with him" (this one, right?) you can only get it for a non-bonded path, I'm afraid. :)

And you're very welcome!

Offline Anninblack

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
Taira's father's quest is a different one. You can read the guide in the readme, but basically, if you want to talk to Weathermistress Ada, just come to the temple during the day, and she'll be awake. Choose several different hours, she'd be awake in one of them, that's for sure.
OK, I was afraid that robbing Mae'Var's amulet from her (thanks, I forgot her name!) somehow froze the npc into permanently sleeping. I'll try to find her when she's awake: Taira's father quests involve Xan acting around kids and for some reason I love how he sounds less bitter in these circumstances. ^^

As for "get Xan drunk and possibly have sex with him" (this one, right?) you can only get it for a non-bonded path, I'm afraid. :)

And you're very welcome!
Oops, not in this playthrough then, that's for sure.

Thanks again!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: