Author Topic: Played on Ipad:my thoughts  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
Played on Ipad:my thoughts
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:05:05 AM »
Hey there. Just finished this on my bg2:ee on Ipad, on a nice weekend alone at home. It was fun. All in all, and I am sorry to say, not the best mod I played but perfect for a new, fun and short experience. More about this later.

First, a bug. My game was modded heavily, particularly with ascension and scs and some tactics components. I foolishly installed this mod on top of others. I don't know if this was the cause but most cowled enforcer enemies just stood there, they were assigned no combat scripts or faulty scripts. I played for the story and content. I will look into their character files via dltcep when I get to my pc and see what is wrong with the scripts, and maybe add scs scripts and some spells to them to make them a fair challenge for my next run.

Other than this caveat the mod works excellently on ee, and on Ipad no less. Kudos and big thank you for that!
Things I enjoyed:

Interesting main characters, I digged the mystery and their story together.
Tons of optional quests!
Good loot.
Showing the dark side of slavery and debauchery. The slave boys quest creeped me out. In a good way, that I killed all of the slavers in rage.

A few things I did not enjoy:
The dialogue felt a bit tasteless in a few places, mainly the door guy in the festhall BUT I know these people are crude and that's a more realistic talk for them. Still a bit jarring distraction from the vanilla clean dialogue. It screams mod content and it kinda took me out of my immersion there. Sorry.
Massive xp gain from quests and talking to people I would love to get the gains smaller.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Played on Ipad:my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:55:38 AM »
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

The scripts normally work, so, yeah, any the issues with the massive installation are probably not something I could help with. Kudos for your other points!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: