Author Topic: Malkal dialog error?  (Read 4140 times)

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
Malkal dialog error?
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:54 AM »
State 12 has the same global listed for both the trigger and the action, which seems like a typo/error somewhere along the way, unless this state was meant to never trigger?

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
Re: Malkal dialog error?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
Just a typo, but it shouldn't cause any problems. UBMalKal_Enc = 2 means you killed Mal-Kalen in combat. There's a little script block that then creates an invisible creature. The invisible creature's script trigger on the UBMalKal_Enc variable, increments it to 3 and starts a dialog. The creature says Mal-Kalen's dying line, sets the variable to 3 (again) and then does a DestroySelf(). Since the invisible creature does a DestroySelf(), it shouldn't cause anything else to happen (like saying the dying line over and over). I'll fix it to set to 10, however.

Thanks!  :)

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 05:05:21 AM »
Hm, never saw a dying line. I also don't see anything in the dlg file creating invis creature; is it in the bcs?

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
I'd done it with a spell that did a Summon: Replace Creature [151] opcode. It had worked in my tests, but I just tried it again, and it failed to replace Mal-Kalen with the invisible creature. A tweak to UBMALKAL.BCS to replace the spell with CreateCreature("UBMALKA2") and DestroySelf() worked. I'll make a fix.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: