Author Topic: Bug and typo reports for Back to Brynnlaw  (Read 18218 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bug and typo reports for Back to Brynnlaw
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
All bug and typo reports are welcome here!

Please, post everything in this topic - I do maintain my mods from time to time (honest!) but since I do not mod actively (read: make a few new mods every year), your reports might get lost and not fixed if you post them elsewhere.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug and typo reports for v5
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »
German version cannot be installed on BGII:EE. Error message:
FAILURE:
ERROR: charset could not be inferred for language Deutsch

I have no idea, what that means.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
Jastey, you need download and run https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack/archive/master.zip in order to install this mod without bugs
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:24:56 AM by AL|EN »
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »
Missed your reply, ALIEN. Thank you!

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
The Wind stone should use opcode 126 to provide the movement speed increase. The haste opcode behaves poorly and should be avoided if it's not needed, such as here.

In the finale with Berlin, one of the salamanders spawned in a tube at the top of the room. Because charname was adjacent to it when killing it (and it was the last enemy), Dora dimension-doored into the tube when she showed up post-battle.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:52:47 PM by CamDawg »
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
Oh, and the +HP items (Boots of Good Defense, Melf's Bracers) should use mode 3 (increase max, don't update current HP) for their bonuses. As they stand now, they can be exploited to fully heal characters by repeatedly equipping-unequipping them.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
It looks like the areas were copied from a pre-Fixpack game. Some fixes:
  • The hallway and basement (o#1608, o#1610) at Galvena's should be flagged as dungeons.
  • The static animation flag for SMOKE in Desharik's home (o#1601) should be removed.
  • The two fpit1s animations in the smithy (o#1603) should have a z-value of 0. Container 3's highlight also sits off its weapon rack and needs its bounding box and vertices adjusted--bounding left should be 243, bounding top 414, bounding right 292, and the vertices should be 292.442, 286.414, 243.458, and 252.489.

Some orientation fixes for you as well:

• Exiting Spellhold from the main floor (Exit 1515 in o#1500) should face SE, not S.
  • Entering the Spellhold main floor from the outside (Exit1500 in o#1515) should face NW, not S. Entering the same area from the basement (Exit1516) should face NE, not NW.
  • Entering the Spellhold basement from the main floor (Exit1515 in o#1516) should face SE, not S.
  • In the main Brynnlaw area (o#1600), exiting from Cayia's home (Exit1606), the old Pirate King's home (Exit1601), and Prebek's old place (Exit1605) should face SE, not S. Exiting from the Smithy (Exit1603), Vulgar Monkey (Exit1602), and the Umberlee temple (Exit1604) should face SW, not S.
  • The entrance to Desharik's old home (Exit1600 in o#1601) should face NW, not S.
  • The entrance to Cayia's old home (Exit1600 in o#1606) should face NW, not S.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 03:20:27 AM »
Oh, and the +HP items (Boots of Good Defense, Melf's Bracers) should use mode 3 (increase max, don't update current HP) for their bonuses. As they stand now, they can be exploited to fully heal characters by repeatedly equipping-unequipping them.
Will be fixed in the next version.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 03:33:56 AM »
The Wind stone should use opcode 126 to provide the movement speed increase. The haste opcode behaves poorly and should be avoided if it's not needed, such as here.
Will be fixed in the next version.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 04:09:21 AM »
In the finale with Berlin, one of the salamanders spawned in a tube at the top of the room. Because charname was adjacent to it when killing it (and it was the last enemy), Dora dimension-doored into the tube when she showed up post-battle.
I made a quick check in the area files and the cutscene but didn't notice any coordinates that are inside a tube. If you could point me to which script you are referring to then this would be very helpful.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 04:10:14 AM »
It looks like the areas were copied from a pre-Fixpack game. Some fixes:
  • The hallway and basement (o#1608, o#1610) at Galvena's should be flagged as dungeons.
  • The static animation flag for SMOKE in Desharik's home (o#1601) should be removed.
  • The two fpit1s animations in the smithy (o#1603) should have a z-value of 0. Container 3's highlight also sits off its weapon rack and needs its bounding box and vertices adjusted--bounding left should be 243, bounding top 414, bounding right 292, and the vertices should be 292.442, 286.414, 243.458, and 252.489.

Some orientation fixes for you as well:

• Exiting Spellhold from the main floor (Exit 1515 in o#1500) should face SE, not S.
  • Entering the Spellhold main floor from the outside (Exit1500 in o#1515) should face NW, not S. Entering the same area from the basement (Exit1516) should face NE, not NW.
  • Entering the Spellhold basement from the main floor (Exit1515 in o#1516) should face SE, not S.
  • In the main Brynnlaw area (o#1600), exiting from Cayia's home (Exit1606), the old Pirate King's home (Exit1601), and Prebek's old place (Exit1605) should face SE, not S. Exiting from the Smithy (Exit1603), Vulgar Monkey (Exit1602), and the Umberlee temple (Exit1604) should face SW, not S.
  • The entrance to Desharik's old home (Exit1600 in o#1601) should face NW, not S.
  • The entrance to Cayia's old home (Exit1600 in o#1606) should face NW, not S.
Will all be fixed in the next version.
All left is a better spawning point for the salamander mentioned above (or a better spawning point for Dora after the fight).

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 06:46:38 AM »
I made a quick check in the area files and the cutscene but didn't notice any coordinates that are inside a tube. If you could point me to which script you are referring to then this would be very helpful.
Unfortunately, it's been a while so I'll have to go digging.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 01:58:45 PM »
If you would be willing to do that, I'd be grateful, but digging I could do myself, of course.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »
Looking in o#bryn3.bcs, one of the salamander spawns with

CreateCreatureDoor("O#BrSal2",[1060.924],3)

These are close to impassable terrain, so I'm guessing if it gets bumped it can spawn instead in the tubes. Maybe adjusting these slightly to 1014.914 would help.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
Thank you very much for looking into it again! Changed locally.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »
Looking in o#bryn3.bcs, one of the salamander spawns with

CreateCreatureDoor("O#BrSal2",[1060.924],3)

These are close to impassable terrain, so I'm guessing if it gets bumped it can spawn instead in the tubes. Maybe adjusting these slightly to 1014.914 would help.
Is fixed in v7.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug and typo reports for Back to Brynnlaw
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 11:03:13 AM »
There might be an incompatibility with BtB and Tactics for EE:

One of the tactics component modifies the place in docks where the mage from Back to Brynnlaw is supppsed to appear that tells you what is going on there and sends you back to the island. The tactics encounter is with a lich and some minions, I tried mutiple variations of clearing it before going to rescue Imoen, after it but before talking to the mage outside of adventurer's mart etc...the mage inside that house in the docks never spawns.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: