Author Topic: Static URL to 'always latest release' for BWS  (Read 4179 times)

Offline agb1

• Planewalker
Static URL to 'always latest release' for BWS
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:03:30 AM »
Hi Kulyok!  Thanks for sharing this new adventure.

As suggested in this thread, would you be willing to host your mods on GitHub in addition to PPG's download system?  I'd be happy to help you get this set up if you aren't familiar with Git.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Static URL to 'always latest release' for BWS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:40 AM »
(Has anyone actually played the mod yet? Just asking).

I believe "static" urls would be cool, yeah. I'm not the admin, however, and I know the upgrade takes time and energy. Feel free to remind jcompton, if you'd like - if there are people in the community who can provide tech support, that's even better. (I mean, G3 tried to do an upgrade, and their software isn't working at all now - I can't even upload the bugfixes for Romantic Encounters, so if the upgrade ever happens, I'd like a _working upgrade_).

Offline agb1

• Planewalker
Re: Static URL to 'always latest release' for BWS
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi Kulyok!  Thanks for your reply.  I haven't played the mod yet, but that's because all my time lately has gone into BWS and helping other users troubleshoot installation issues.  I am looking forward to playing it once I actually start playing again.

As for the "static" URL, you don't need to wait for the admins here.  You can set up your own GitHub for free and host your mods on it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: