Author Topic: REQUEST: external control over variable merging  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
REQUEST: external control over variable merging
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
I would like some way to be able to externally add entries to bcs::is_concat_string
Something like: AddConcat(<opcode>) that adds opcode values to this list.

Also: it seems is_concat_string doesn't care if the opcode is an action or trigger. Maybe split it too?

In case you do this: AddConcatAction / AddConcatTrigger would be the request.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: REQUEST: external control over variable merging
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
What gives me pause is the very narrow scope and limited utility of this feature. I assume it will be useful during the further development of the EE engine, and maybe GemRB, but to no one else or at any other time. Once EE development is done, it's worthless.

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:44:18 AM »
What gives me pause is the very narrow scope and limited utility of this feature. I assume it will be useful during the further development of the EE engine, and maybe GemRB, but to no one else or at any other time. Once EE development is done, it's worthless.
Yeah, that's true. Mainly, I asked for this so we don't have to worry about forks. This sort of thing could be useful in converters between game types too.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
An external patch set would seem like the conventional way of handling this kind of problem. If and when it becomes interesting to other people, I'd be happy to mainline it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: