Author Topic: What do female players want in a Romance Mod (with a male)  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Bill Bisco

• Planewalker
Just curious what players tend to want with a female CHARNAME and an NPC male?

Anything that you all don't like?  Would a romance similar to Aerie where she becomes pregnant near the end of ToB have appeal?  Or, would it be better to forgo such a thing until the epilogue?  Does an ingame marriage appeal (a la Saerileth) or not so much?  Is talk of children something that would appeal or not so much?

Thanks,

Bill

Offline Almateria

• Planewalker
Re: What do female players want in a Romance Mod (with a male)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »
Mpreg.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 03:05:37 AM »
Marriage is great, especially if there's mention of a grand wedding with a huge reception, lots of money and titles and a mansion(that's not what _all_ girls want, but I tend to get excited when I hear my heroine's been treated like a princess and showered with gifts and gold) - well, in the epilogue, that is. An in-game wedding can be sweet(like Angelo's in Saradush), but I think that's better left to the player's imagination.

Pregnancy is eeewww for me, without question - lots of issues arise, and I don't want my heroine to deal with those at all. I may not even install such a romance. (Kelsey offers a kid as a choice, and I'm fine with it, as long as there's a childfree epilogue). I'd rather have an option to not talk about this at all(but that's why the romances have branches).

And, um, I think by this point most of people, including the developers, agree that "Aerie's baby" item in the inventory, the in-game labor scene and calling CHARNAME's kid Quayle was a big facepalm.

Offline Bill Bisco

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
Most appreciated.   I'd have to think about how to avoid even discussion of kids and allow it at the same time.  I shall think on this.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 05:58:04 AM »
And, um, I think by this point most of people, including the developers, agree that "Aerie's baby" item in the inventory, the in-game labor scene and calling CHARNAME's kid Quayle was a big facepalm.

Heh, agreed.  Makes me think that maybe we should have a mod that gets rid of that ridiculous scene. ^^

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: