Author Topic: over the top  (Read 7555 times)

qwertyqwerty1

over the top
« on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
Sorry, but the difficulty of killing Lynn is over the top. All right, if she was just high level, that wouldn't bring up so much questions. But - invisible at will? See through invisibility (not only her, but also the minions)? Poisoned attack? I think Detect illusions are also not working on her. That's some demon/lich/chosen of cyric combo. Disbelief can only be suspended so much.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: over the top
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:35:53 AM »
Her model is the girl from the Rogue Stone encounter, I believe, and that was quite doable. Maybe you have something like SCS installed? That mod would do horrible things to one's AI.

Offline Magus_BGforge

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:12:49 AM »
I do, as a matter of fact. But I'm questioning the abilities, not AI.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36:07 AM »
That mod probably introduces both. I've already tried to leave creatures "normal"(give them their own scripts and creature files) in Dungeon Crawl, and I got complaints from SCS users that DC enemies weren't up to speed, so I shrugged and left them as is. I recall that without SCS enhancements, Lynn battle is pretty much a cakewalk.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
Erhm, the O#lynn.cre's class is Fighter/Thief, but... her level is 14/1(/1) without the flag that she is actually dualed to or from. Now that sounds an alarm on the SCS's creature enhancer that her class is incorrect and it will be set strait ... so she gains the second, so she'll likely be a 14/14(/14, the last being technicality, as it means nothing in the game ). She also gains a few proficiency bonuses which will likely give her 5 attacks per round(as the original is 3). Have her with Improved Haste and that's 10 attacks per round. Not to worry though, if she were about 16/1, she could likely just assassinate your whole party with that setup with the Assassination HLA from the front of your party. :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:01:54 AM by The Imp »

Offline Magus_BGforge

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:42 AM »
All right... I actually went and checked o#lynn.baf.
Code: [Select]
IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_INVISIBLE)
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("ThiefHide","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("ThiefHide","LOCALS",6)
ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_INVISIBILITY)
END
This is not SCS. And not, she's not 14/14.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:02 AM »
That's a copy of whatever I used for Lynn(probably the woman from the Rune, with the Staff of the Magi). I should probably check before the next version if Lynn somehow turned more powerful than her.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: