Author Topic: random encounters  (Read 4875 times)

Ith

random encounters
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
Component 4 Random Encounters: on my (BWP) install it seems to be duplicating the block from wilderness_new.baf as it patches AR0042.bcs, AR0043.bcs, AR0044.bcs etc.

I'm not sure if that causes issues with the new random encounters, but I believe it can cause issues with other mods that make changes to the above bcs scripts (such as Almateria's Area Restoration Restored Random Encounters component) that might get confused by the fact the entire block is copied twice.

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
Re: random encounters
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
Also, oddly enough Questpack doesn't make a backup copy of the above 3 modified scripts in it's backup folder (should go into the folder named '4')

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:44 PM »
Similar behavior with the city random encounter areas: AR0041.bcs, etc, the block from city_new.baf is copied twice into the bcs files, which again, I'm not sure if it causes issues or not by itself, but may cause problems with other mods appending the files.

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:47:31 PM »
Also, oddly enough Questpack doesn't make a backup copy of the above 3 modified scripts in it's backup folder (should go into the folder named '4')

If those scripts were in .bif files and didn't exist in the override before installing the mod, WeiDU wouldn't need to copy them to the backup folder.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 01:30:30 AM »
Duplicate entries in a .bcs files should not cause any bad things as long as their trickers are the same, and the top one is the larger, but that ever hardly happens as if you have a mod that modifies a double'ed script, it should modify it twice. The replace textually sure does that...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:21:25 AM by The Imp »

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
Almateria's  seems to be having a problem installing it's Random Encounters component because it doesn't recognize the block modified by Questpack (the REBAND.cre spawn block), but I suppose that's more of an issue to be addressed on Almateria's  end.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: